• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Honey, Jamaican Me Ginger! - colab between Tempest and Brewdog. A 7.1% Belgian style Scotch Ale with ginger, smoke and honey. Really bloody lovely actually, really warming and wintery. Hits the spot.

Brewdog don't half come out with some shit names for their beers!

So last nights Tart was a far more accessible and palatable sour beer for me. Enough hop bitterness and sugary sweetness to balance the sourness which actally resulted in a very drinkable and interesting beer. Still not my favourite style of beer. Far from it really.

Really pissed off with Beer52 now. After chasing them for my Groupon deal last week, I was told it was dispatched last Thursday. Today I receive an email from them saying it has been dispatched this morning! Great stuff!

Seems like they've bitten off more they can chew by releasing a groupon deal at this time of the year!

Cwtch - Tiny Rebel; top recommendation by you lot here.
Backyard Brewery - Carousel; biscuity caramel warmth in a pint glass. Top stuff
Nicholsons - Three wise hops; OK at best but pretty tasteless compared to the rest
Joules - Buffalo APA; A right smack in the mouth by a giant lemon. Ace
Roosters - Fort Smith APA; Just like Rooster Cockburn this was big and brash but too many would leave you looking out of one eye. Top stuff.

Apart from the Roosters (which was served in a can, in a pub, which was weird) they were all served as draught and not a bad pint from any of them, my favourite was the Backyard Carousel, wonderful on a December night.

Just had my Beer52 box come through, I'll have a look what's in there in a minute.

Alvinne, Ich Bin Ein Berliner Ryesse (last one I had of these had completely turned. Tasted like socks and vinegar, so not in a rush to crack this one)

Apparently my colleague had exactly the same happen with his Berliner Ryesse, so proceed with caution if you get one of these. He said it seemed like it had congealed in the bottle.

Probably check mine over the weekend and fire off an email to Beer52 if it's ruined.

beer_337359.jpg

Let me know if it seems rotten when you crack it open mate.

Will do, probably won't be until next week now as I've got to pile in the overtime over the weekend to break up Sunday.

As far as I'm aware, I've yet to try a sour beer. Following a quick Google search the Torygraph believe that these are the best in the UK.

Would you folk recommend any of those?
What other easily obtainable, entry-level options are there?

As far as I'm aware, I've yet to try a sour beer. Following a quick Google search the Torygraph believe that these are the best in the UK.

The Kernel one is quite nice, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of sour beers. They're a bit faddy IMO.

Siren - Calypso would be the best entry level type one in my opinion. It's not to harsh and I find it really well balanced

Molson Coors and Sky Sports are launching this beer for the January Transfer Window

CWbmz9XU8AQJ0RT.jpg:large

I'm sure you will all be rushing out to try it

... did you just put the word "Coors" and "beer" in the same sentence?

To be honest, I might try it if I see it reasonably priced somewhere. Need the badges for Untappd...

To be honest, I might try it if I see it reasonably priced somewhere. Need the badges for Untappd...

Is there a 'Weasel Piss Master' badge on Untappd?

I did indeed but I did just basically copy what Sky tweeted and they are the boss of everything. So if they say beer, its beer..

I did indeed but I did just basically copy what Sky tweeted and they are the boss of everything. So if they say beer, its beer..

So long as I can drink it when I want rather than have my drinking time moved to 1600 on a Sunday, then it's all good.

Back