• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Spent the evening in the Royal Exchange on the Bathams. There have been some splendid recommendations on here - keep them coming - but nothing can beat a pint of proper Bathams in one of their pubs. Absolute nectar.
True. Although a pint of Pale Rider in the Fat Cat gives it a hell of run for your money.

True. Although a pint of Pale Rider in the Fat Cat gives it a hell of run for your money.

It would come a lot closer than 99% of other challengers. £2.60 a pint of Bathams though. Insanely good value.

A pint of Oakham Citra in The Black Bull on Saturday for £2.85 was exceptional value too.

I bought a bottle of that on Saturday to go with my dinner. It was marvellous.

The Grove, Huddersfield has Thornebridge 5L (8.8 pints) mini kegs available

Jaipur IPA £23
St Petersburg IRS £26

Yeah yeah, whatever. Railway arches are fairly synonymous with the rise of craft breweries in London, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was a huge factor in deciding a which plot to go for.

I'm not disputing that there isn't a hint of hipster pretention there. It is Digbeth after all.

Yeah yeah, whatever. Railway arches are fairly synonymous with the rise of craft breweries in London, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was a huge factor in deciding a which plot to go for.

Your favourites Cloudwater brew in a railway arch as well.

They all bloody are!

Tonight's christmas BeerBods is one I've had before. Black Jesus by Great Heck Brewery.

Black-Jesus-banner.jpg

Class name for a beer! It's a black IPA, which I didn't really get my head around when I last had it at the start of the year. Having had more beers of this style since, I might have a bit more of a taste for it this time around.

Just having my first taste of plum porter out the bottle and it's a lovely beer

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Black Jesus is divine :D

Rochefort - 8.

Bloody perfect. My favourite Trappist beer.

I'll give that a try, love Trappist beers.

I've got a Fyne/De Molen colab imperial stout.

9.2% called Hills and Mills really good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sounds ace. Going to be dabbling with some powerhouse stouts over the holidays. Really getting the taste for the darker beers now. Didn't think I'd ever get into them, but I'm really loving them. Gone off the idea of double IPAs at moment. Maybe it's the weather, or maybe it's throwing up on Hardcore IPA the other weekend that has turned my stomach!

Back