• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

The Wine Cellar? Not been there before. Sounds like I'll be spending next weeks wages there stocking up for Xmas.

It's ace SSB. Loads of choice. Practically every Thornebridge beer, Brew By Numbers, Weird Beard, Kernel, Anspach & Hobday, Buxton, Beavertown, Moor etc. The guy said if there's anything in particular you want, let him know and he should be able to get it in.

Just sipping a Buxton Wild Boar. Superb IPA. Buxton just know how to make this type of beer to perfection.

Cracked my can of Three Boys Wheat last night and it was insanely good. Cloudy as fuck, full on wheat taste with strong citrus tones with some underlying spices. Right up there with my favourite beers that one is.

Had a majestic Brains Reverend James original in the Dog and Gun Tettenhall last night. A truly tremendous pint and I would definitely have it again. I wanted to try the Adnams Ghost Ship but that had just gone so very pleased to change my choice to the rather excellent Welsh tipple,

Just heard that Slaters are opening a craft beer pub in Wolves in Feb. The old Costa by the man on the horse, right next door to the Lych Gate. Could be a game changer....

Just in time for my birthday, fucking bonus.

Looking forward to trying it out. When does it open?

All I know is it's opening in February.

Interesting. Slater's brews are very good. Just needs Joules's too.

Also going to be Feb/March when Joules re-open the Crown in Codsall. Must be doing some serious work to it as they closed it down at the end of September.

Just supping a Yeastie Boys Pot Ketle Black porter. I was a bit wary of this one as porters don't really do it for me sometimes but this one is a fantastic specimen. Great body and depth, surprisingly sweet to start off with leaving a proper mon's bitterness in the aftertaste. Love it.

Signature Brew Backstage IPA, OKish but nothing mindblowing. Maybe the Yeastie Boys porter was still lingering in the back of my throat as it came across as very bitter.

Now onto a Wild Beer Co Madness IPA which as usual doesn't disappoint. Perfectly balanced and earthy with a mild citrus hint. Gorgeous.

Hopefully The Crown at Codsall won't attract the clientele it previously had before it closed.

Madness IPA is brilliant.

Didn't like the Signature Pale Ale I had a few weeks back at all.

Got a Wild Beer Sleeping Lemons for my first Beer Bods of Christmas thing tonight. Preserved lemons and salted gose. Good old Wild Beer with their mental concoctions!

Just having a glass of forty niner. Very nice as well.

I got steaming pissed on that at Easter, ended up on the tables in The Ash doing my best Rick Parfitt impression. Beautiful beer best not drunk in multiples of fifteen.

Arbor Oz Bomb is one to grab if you like the Madness IPA. Best Arbor beer I've had by a street. Seriously good stuff.

Back