• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

My Groupon box is being dispatched today.

Hopefully mine will be too then.

I emailed them and they said they've had a massive backlog but they're clearing through it now and my box was being dispatched today.

Chorlton - Dark Matter. An Imperial Black Gose... Possibly one of the weirdest beers I've ever had. Dark, sweet & chocolatey but somehow salty and sour at the same time. Actually a lovely beer once you get over the initial confusion.

Tonight's BeerBods is Liverpool Craft Beer Co, Rye Pale Ale - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/liverpool-craft-beer-co-rye-pale-ale/

beer_237004.jpg

I'm not sure I can quite stomach a beer at the moment - the over indulgence at the weekend still hasn't passed me by! I do love a rye beer though, so this could get me back in the swing.

Oh, and I bought the 12 BeerBods of Christmas a little while back, which arrived yesterday. A beer a day from Sunday until Christmas Eve. So expect more shit from me over the next few weeks!

Just been to the Black Bull at Rothwell. A pint each of Fernandes Folklore, Ossett's Silver Bells topped off with most excellent Oakham Citra.

My beer52 box arrived today, just cracked the first beer open

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Siren - Liquid mistress. Lovely red IPA. Siren are bloody awesome.

My beer52 box arrived today, just cracked the first beer open

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

More info needed....

Mine arrived this morning too:

12348054_10156491618830647_2122259656527793054_n.jpg

Left to right:
Gypsy Inc, India Pale Ale
First Chop, AVA
Tempest, Pale Armadillo
Bronher, Large Lager
Alvinne, Ich Bin Ein Berliner Ryesse (last one I had of these had completely turned. Tasted like socks and vinegar, so not in a rush to crack this one)
Vocation, Them & Us - can't wait to try this. Red IPA, yes, fucking, please.
Brewfist/BeerHere, Caterpillar Pale Ale
Emelisse, American Pale Ale
O'Haras, Irish Pale Ale
De Moelen, Hamer & Sikkel

Also, I finally got around to popping to The Wine Seller in Compton. What the fuck was I playing around at! The place is amazing. Huge selection from all over the country. Jaipur X was tempting, but at £5.50 a bottle, it might have to wait. Picked up some Sacre Brew beers - a really eclectic mix of beers - from American Pale Ale, to Belgian Trippel, to Imperial Porter, to Double IPA, to Gruit, to Rye Saison to a Garlick Black Ale!!

Picked me up this selection, which includes a Armagnac Barrel Aged Imperial Brown Ale from Beavertown called Moose Fang. £8 but sounds amazing and I was going to order it online, but they'd sold out.

They also had 3 cans of Beavertown for £6 - Gamma Ray, 8 Ball Rye and Smog Rocket. May be picking some of those badboys up soon.

Oh, and they sell Axe Edge!! Beer heaven!

12376561_10156492656540647_1816112103164406510_n.jpg

This was my slightly moderate haul - also picked up some Christmas ales for folks at work.

I fucking love beer, me!

Siren - Liquid mistress. Lovely red IPA. Siren are bloody awesome.
They've just gone into a sort of partnership with a burger place that's opened up in Birmingham, think it opened yesterday.

That's quite a haul Machin. Vocation are superb, you'll love Them & Us. I loved the Berliner Weisse when I had it, proper tear your face off sourness. Best beer of the first pic is the Gypsy Inc though, I absolutely loved it.

I've got a bottle of Wild Beer - Millionaire as well, really looking forward to it. It sounds right up my street. Interested to hear what you think about Sacre Brew as well, especially the imperial porter.

As for the Moose Fang... You lucky, lucky bastard.

The first pic is yeah. Decent selection actually. Only a couple of one's they've sent before.

Nice one. Haven't received mine yet which is frustrating. Losing track of all the beer I've ordered!

They've just gone into a sort of partnership with a burger place that's opened up in Birmingham, think it opened yesterday.

That sounds amazing. Siren are easily one of the best breweries in the country. Their previous head brewer was head hunted by Hill Farmstead in USA who are just out of this world.

Back