• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

They've got 5l mini kegs of Hobsons Old Prickly in the Co-op near me for £17 - http://www.hobsons-breweryshop.uk/new-old-prickly-42-9-pint-keg-includes-postage-205-p.asp

new-old-prickly-4.2-9-pint-keg-includes-postage-205-p.jpg

Anyone had it before? Sounds decent.

Gypsy Inc - Hidden Gem. 6.2% IPA. Lovely drop.

Got a porter from Founders next. Really looking forward to it.

Yeah it's pretty good - it's not as good as their better ales such as Town Crier but it's decent nonetheless.

Probably not worth investing in 5L of it then!

Worth buying a bottle I'm sure, but I'm not I'm going to commit to drinking 5L in 24 hours on it being slightly worse than Town Crier (which is lovely, but you get my point!).

Gypsy Inc - Hidden Gem. 6.2% IPA. Lovely drop.

Got a porter from Founders next. Really looking forward to it.
Have you had their Devil Dancer, Lycan? It's a bit of a novelty but for beer snobs it is a must-try.

Have you had their Devil Dancer, Lycan? It's a bit of a novelty but for beer snobs it is a must-try.

Only other beer I've had from Founders is the Centennial IPA. Bit of a pine bomb but that's right up my street tbh. Loving the porter. Can't go wrong with this one, a real classic.

What's the Devil's Dancer like then?

I'd love to visit Founders taproom it looks ace.

I'm lining up a Founders Breakfast Stout for the Christmas Day menu...

Only other beer I've had from Founders is the Centennial IPA. Bit of a pine bomb but that's right up my street tbh. Loving the porter. Can't go wrong with this one, a real classic.

What's the Devil's Dancer like then?
Marketed as a triple IPA, it's like drinking a straight hop and resin emulsion. Not bad by any stretch, but not really anything more than a "look what we can make palatable" statement. Clocks in at 12% abv, 200 IBUs (officially 112, not sure where they've got the 200 from on their marketing page), and ~$7 for a 12oz bottle.

Ah man. I literally just promised I would buy anymore beer!

Now that's my idea of heaven. Off to Waitrose then...

Back