• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Cool. Right then, I'll sign up and post my link on here shortly.

Thinking of getting hubby something like this for one of his Christmas gifts. Found one called ' The Original Craft Beer Club ' 12 beers per month, for as many months as you want it.

Will think about it as I am sure he would love it....and so would I.

Yakima Gold, handle glass, £3.25, City Arms Cardiff.

Quite satisfied.

Well yeah, but I don't expect cheap beers in a craft ales bar of a Friday night.

BrewDog's bar wasn't too bad at all and the price wasn't extortionate. Decent beers on too including some 10 and 12% ones.

A new bar opened in St Helier that sells 4 ciders, 6 guests and 2 crafts. Good stuff indeed.

After a busy working week I concluded with a game of Squash, 5 pints of Batham's bitter at the Royal Exchange, a Cheese and Onion Cob and a shared pork pie!

Does life get any better?

Woke up this morning totally fresh albeit slightly concerned that I have a half eaten Chicken Tikka Madras in the fridge!

After a busy working week I concluded with a game of Squash, 5 pints of Batham's bitter at the Royal Exchange, a Cheese and Onion Cob and a shared pork pie!

Does life get any better?

Woke up this morning totally fresh albeit slightly concerned that I have a half eaten Chicken Tikka Madras in the fridge!

I don't think yuo could have a more Black Country night than that!

Had a bottle of Panda Frog, Allelic Drift last night. Like a classic golden British ale, with it's typical floral and honey like qualities (think Badger ales), with a shit-ton of new world piney, tropical hops up front. Very enjoyable.

Fucking cool label too
CKw6mZVWwAAoJDb.jpg

Attachments

• CKw6mZVWwAAoJDb.jpg
    CKw6mZVWwAAoJDb.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 12
Definitely brunch! Even have a bit of naan bread left!

Wife not impressed mind.
Funnily enough, neither is mine (and my mum before that)... That said, mine turns a blind eye to a curry doggy bag if I bring her home a peshwari.

I don't think yuo could have a more Black Country night than that!

Had a bottle of Panda Frog, Allelic Drift last night. Like a classic golden British ale, with it's typical floral and honey like qualities (think Badger ales), with a $#@!-ton of new world piney, tropical hops up front. Very enjoyable.

$#@!ing cool label too
CKw6mZVWwAAoJDb.jpg
PPB likes this.

Funnily enough, neither is mine (and my mum before that)... That said, mine turns a blind eye to a curry doggy bag if I bring her home a peshwari.

The only time my wife was impressed with a curry sitting on the kitchen tops was when I used to have a night out in Birmingham and get the last train back to Lye.

Following several pints in The Wellington I would always arrive in Lye ravenous but remain sober enough to enter the Chinese restaurant, order two curries for home delivery and request to get in the delivery car to save me taxi money!

Two curries and a taxi home for £8. a absolute bargain.

Unsurprisingly the take away was not robust enough to survive the latest downturn and is now closed....such a shame as a excellent Sadlers pub has opened right next to the train station which means I would not even need to go to Birmingham to have a night out before my curry and lift home!

A reasonable pint of Randall's Collymochon in the Lamplighter.

A further pre-lunch Dirty Rucker in the Lamplighter. Peroni with lunch and now a post lunch JW Lees bitter in the Apples and Pears. Most civilised.

A Loddon Russet, but only to be sociable you understand.

Lidl's selection has exploded. Absolutely loads of choice there now. All for about £1.50

Last edited:
Back