• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Thistly Cross - Whisky Cask Cider. Not a beer, but fook me is this good. Anyone who loves Innis & Gunn Original should try this, it's got that same sweet oaky vanilla along with a big hit of whisky at the end. God damn!

Green Duck Beer Co ‏@greenduckbrew 2 hrs2 hours ago

So the 2 biggest brewers in the world join as one, giving them a worldwide market share of 30%, thats nice and fair then...!

What's this referring to?

Also, does the Green Duck's Badelynge Bar really close at 1900 on a Saturday? :(

AB Inbev (Bud / Stella etc) buying SABMiller (Peroni/ Grolsch etc)

For the average consumer, is that really going to make a difference? Or does it mean that those lagers/light beers will remain commonplace (and thus, apparently, more popular) then things that are actually brewed to have taste?

It's awful news if you like SABMiller's 'better' beers like Pilsner Urquell. AB Inbev are all about cutting costs, not much room for tradition/quality.

It could potentially fuck over a fair few craft breweries in America. In most states breweries can't sell their own products directly to bars/supermarkets etc. They have to use distribution companies to sell their beer. AB InBev are currently being investigated for unfairly buying up distributors and using them to only sell their own brands of beer. The only way the craft breweries could compete is buy being bought out by SABInBEVMillerCoors, thus losing creative control and a say in how they run.

Craft beer sales rose by 17% in 2014 which accounts for 11% of the US market - this merger is the big-boys trying to re-establish power and knock the little guys down.

http://www.theguardian.com/business...nheuser-busch-allegations-curbing-competition

It's awful news if you like SABMiller's 'better' beers like Pilsner Urquell. AB Inbev are all about cutting costs, not much room for tradition/quality.

I bet meantime are regretting their move now!

An aeronautical twist this evening. Spitfire Gold, Swordfish and Single Hop Flyer so far this evening.

Will be heading to the BrewDog bar in Cardiff on Friday for a couple. Been saving up all year...

Vocation - Heart & Soul. 3rd or 4th time I've had this. At 4.4% one of the best session IPA's around IMO.

Innis & Gunn - Bourbon pale ale.

I think I'd struggle to pick it out of a line up with their rum finish. Got a slight bit more hop bitterness on the back end I suppose. Much more hoppy in the in the aroma though, I'm guessing they dry hopped after they barrel aged it?

I don't really get why they're pushing these barrel aged IPA's and pale ales atm, doesn't really fit with their style. I wish they'd just focus on their darker beers and stop trying to shove hops into everything. I'd love to see them do a Belgian Trippel or a Kriek.

Just working on my Chirstmas beer list. Totalled up to £93.72 on 50 beers so far. Can't really afford to get anything more than supermarket fayre so the crates of IHL and Axe Edge will have to wait for another time. I am looking for a way to justify a mini-keg of Fyne Ales Jarl - perhaps for New Years.So far I have the following:

Purity Mad Goose x8 = £18.00 Majestic Wines
Flying Dog Easy IPA x6 = £10.99 Majestic Wines
Lagunitas IPA x6 = £10.99 Majestic Wines
Brewdog Dead Pony Club (Can) x6 = £9.99 Majestic Wines
Harbor IPA x4 £8.00 Sainsburys
Brew Dog 5am Saint x4 = £7.00 Sainsburys
Thornbridge Jaipur x4 = £10.20 Waitrose
Brew Dog Punk IPA x4 = £4.99 Waitrose
Meantime Yakima Red x2 = £3.58 Waitrose
Sierra Nevada Torpedo x2 = £3.98 Waitrose
St. Austell Proper Job x2 = £3.00 Waitrose
Oakham Citra x2 = £3.00 Waitrose

Just working on my Chirstmas beer list. Totalled up to £93.72 on 50 beers so far. Can't really afford to get anything more than supermarket fayre so the crates of IHL and Axe Edge will have to wait for another time. I am looking for a way to justify a mini-keg of Fyne Ales Jarl - perhaps for New Years.So far I have the following:

Purity Mad Goose x8 = £18.00 Majestic Wines
Flying Dog Easy IPA x6 = £10.99 Majestic Wines
Lagunitas IPA x6 = £10.99 Majestic Wines
Brewdog Dead Pony Club (Can) x6 = £9.99 Majestic Wines
Harbor IPA x4 £8.00 Sainsburys
Brew Dog 5am Saint x4 = £7.00 Sainsburys
Thornbridge Jaipur x4 = £10.20 Waitrose
Brew Dog Punk IPA x4 = £4.99 Waitrose
Meantime Yakima Red x2 = £3.58 Waitrose
Sierra Nevada Torpedo x2 = £3.98 Waitrose
St. Austell Proper Job x2 = £3.00 Waitrose
Oakham Citra x2 = £3.00 Waitrose

You can get a fair few of those on tescos 4 bottles for £6 offer - mad goose, brewdogs, Jaipur and others.

I'll have another look at Tesco then as I thought I'd gotten the best prices elsewhere. Cheers mate.

Back