• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Cheers Jack.

Think we walked past a few of those while we were nosing around earlier. Should be a couple reasonably near to where we're eating at least.

All of those are good. If you want a bit of history try The Eagle - World War 2 graffiti on the ceiling.

Tonights BeerBods is something a bit different: ANSPACH & HOBDAY, SMOKED BROWN - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/anspach-hobday-smoked-brown/

450x450.jpg

No idea what this'll be like but, as ever, I eagerly anticipate with an open mind. I guess with the autumnal nights drawing in, now is a good a time as any to wrap my tastebuds around more malt dominated and darker beers, plus it's always good to try new things.

With that in mind, I'm following it up with a De Moelen, Hamer & Sikkel Porter

beer_129571.jpg

Good times...

Been looking forward to this one. Heard good things about it.

Yeah, I think I had that from BeerBods a little while ago. Very smooth from what I remember.

Yeah I enjoyed it, not as much as the burger that it accompanied mind! Alcohol content seems a bit low for a Porter but still plenty of flavour with that oak ageing.

Having a bottle of Purity Mad Goose, very nice beer.

The smoked brown ale is gorgeous, right up my street. Perfect amount of smokiness and silky smooth. Just looked at the bottle and was stunned to see it was 6%, you'd never have guessed. Kinda regretting guying the IHL box last week now...

It's a good'un. Going down very easily. Just enough bitterness to balance out the sweet smoky flavour. That smokiness wins out though, lasts for ages on the palate.

Hey, our very own overlord Kenny is in the BeerBods club!

He kept that quiet. Probably didn't want to be associated with us...

Yep. Started last week. I'm no beer person at all but decided to try it out. Lasts weeks was superb. Tonight's wasn't for me due to the smokey aftertaste hanging around.

Took me about 3 or 4 sips to acquire the taste, but ended up loving it.

It got better but not enough to swing my opinion. Each drink in this will be something different for me as I am not a drinker at all anymore.

That's the beauty of it. Had the best beers I've ever tasted thanks to beerbods.

Dogfish Head's 90 Minute Pale Ale.

Deservingly voted the best beer in America a couple of years ago. A fantastic brew, highly recommended if you love juicy hop flavor (and are lucky enough to find some in your neck of the woods).

Doesn't look like they have any exporting at all.

Back