• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Start as you mean to go on eh Lycan...

No Axe Edge for me either. Got another one from Panda Frog. Just tucking into the BrewDog This Is Lager. Meh, nothing special. Got a Sam Adams Boston Lager to follow to compare.

I've gone slightly lighter than that Lycan; Slaters Top Totty at a mere 4%. Got a Brewdog Punk IPA to follow which I like and I know some think is overrated.

Punk IPA is an cracking drop, no denying that.

Just cracked the Boston Lager. Much nicer than the Brewdog Lager. A bit sweeter, more rounded but just as crisp.

I don't know about overrated but I think it's starting to become a little outdated, I'd like to see them do something similar to what Stone did with Ruination. Jackhammer & Hardcore are two of the best IPA's in the world though for me, I would willingly drown myself in a vat of Jackhammer.

I don't like TIL.

Yeah it's a decent Pilsner but it's just a bit meh compared to everything else. It's been withdrawn from the bars whilst we make a better lager.

Had a pint of something called Parkins Special Bitter tonight.....don't bother, it was bloody awful!

Had a pint of something called Parkins Special Bitter tonight.....don't bother, it was bloody awful!

To avoid any doubt I would like it put on record that this has nowt to do with me :jpshakehead:

(though naturally I would have claimed credit if it had been any good!)

I've gone slightly lighter than that Lycan; Slaters Top Totty at a mere 4%. Got a Brewdog Punk IPA to follow which I like and I know some think is overrated.
Certainly not overrated. Definitely overpriced. Shropshire Kashmir just as excellent and cask too!

It's not overpriced in the supermarket though. £2.50 for a 660ml big bottle makes it as cheap as most bottled ales.

McGhee's... Never again...

I take it the toilets are still at their fragrant best? I've played darts there mant times and its never been anything more than a s##thole. Always done a decent pint of Guinness though.

We didnt stay long. The kareoke was starting to become unbareable.

There was a fucking vodka slush machine in the corner. :icon_lol:

Currently sipping a 1/3 of a 10.8%er by Stone called Ruin Ten. It's goooooood.

Back