• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

beer52.com are running another £10 off and 2 free beers subscription code. Just re-subscribed after cancelling last month and it seems to have gone through ok. This month's box contains a bottle of Buxton Axe Edge which is just about the best beer I've ever had.

10 beers for £14 delivered is ludicrous.

Voucher code is FRESH

:pint2:

The Axe Edge wont last 15 minutes.

Still got three in the shed. Got to make those bad-boys last :D

Ah, but how long is too long? I found a bottle of my favourite beer at the back of the cupboard but the date was up two years ago... :facepalm:

That'll be fine. Beer keeps for years.

A couple of years ago I found some bottles of celebration ale brewed for the millenium in the attic given to us when I worked at the brewery. I tried it and it was perfectly ok.

Would it make a difference if it was bottle conditioned? Would the yeast start impart some unwanted flavour at some point?

Defends on the beer style really.

I doubt the aforementioned celebration ale knew what hops/actual ingredients were so any off flavours may actually enhance the beer...

beer52.com are running another £10 off and 2 free beers subscription code. Just re-subscribed after cancelling last month and it seems to have gone through ok. This month's box contains a bottle of Buxton Axe Edge which is just about the best beer I've ever had.

10 beers for £14 delivered is ludicrous.

Voucher code is FRESH

I reckon I'll be doing this after payday. I'll probably put some bottles aside to dish out as Christmas presents for my Dad & brother but will be keeping several for myself to enjoy!

Ah, but how long is too long? I found a bottle of my favourite beer at the back of the cupboard but the date was up two years ago... :facepalm:

If it's Doom Bar, it'll taste exactly the same when it's gone off as when it's fresh. So no. Don't drink it.

Anyone here tried Pedi-Goblin? Half Pedigree half Hobgoblin. A bloke at work was on about it. Sounds a stupid idea to me but what do I know.

Anyone here tried Pedi-Goblin? Half Pedigree half Hobgoblin. A bloke at work was on about it. Sounds a stupid idea to me but what do I know.

Sounds crap.

Pedigree is a lovely pint if it's kept properly.

I like Doom Bar but it wouldn't make my top ten.

The beer in question is the Tullibardine 1488 Whisky Beer. I've also got a bottle of out of date Brains SA, but that was for brownies... :icon_redface:

TBH, with that beer its probably got better with age. I've got a few beers in my cupboard that I don't plan on opening for another year or two.

The real question is why is Tullibardine 1488 your favourite beer?

TBH, with that beer its probably got better with age. I've got a few beers in my cupboard that I don't plan on opening for another year or two.

The real question is why is Tullibardine 1488 your favourite beer?

Good god man drink it!, leave all that bollocks for Middle England

Good god man drink it!, leave all that bollocks for Middle England

You don't rush a 14% Firestone Walker - Bourbon aged Russian Imperial Stout. Might make an appearance xmas eve 2016...

You don't rush a 14% Firestone Walker - Bourbon aged Russian Imperial Stout. Might make an appearance xmas eve 2016...

I've heard of slow drinking but that takes the piss.

Back