• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Tonights BeerBods selection comes with a bit of hype and expectation - Camden Town IHL - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/camden-town-brewery-ihl/

51iltSzIwtL.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of craft lager. Sure, it's nicer than lager but it's a bit IPA-lite for me. I'd usually rather a hoppy IPA. This one is meant to pack much of a flavour punch with the lager element providing fizz and crispness to balance the hops and high alcohol content, making flavoursome AND refeshing.

I approach with excited anticipation. Might have to have a couple of others tonight - been a shitty, tiring week.

Never had the can but I have had a few a Camden Town's Hells Lager bottles.

Never had the can but I have had a few a Camden Town's Hells Lager bottles.

This is a different beast. India Hells Lager rather than just Hells Lager, enough hops in this one to kill a man. I've been looking forward to this for ages.

Brew by numbers session IPA at Friends of Ham in Leeds (sorry Phil, on a corporate do!) which is mind blowingly fruity.

Really good.

Liverpool Craft Beer Co. - Brown Bear. A smoked wheat beer brewed with honey. Really nice.

Loch Ness - Caith Ness. Golden ale brewed with porridge oats & honey. Lovely
Celt Experience - Silures. Nice session IPA.

The IHL is out of this world. Smooth, fizzy, refreshing, packed to the brim with beautiful tropical hops. Amazing on the nose, clean flavours on the palate and a wicked dry bitter finish. Seriously good.

It's fucking gorgeous. Made up my mind that I was going to order a create as soon as the aroma hit.

Had I not just ordered another Beer52 box, I'd be very tempted! Might get some in for Christmas though.

Just following it up with the Bitter Descent. Very different proposition - amber biscuity British malts with a lovely hoppy fruity bitterness. Another beautifully balanced beer.

Just following it up with the Bitter Descent. Very different proposition - amber biscuity British malts with a lovely hoppy fruity bitterness. Another beautifully balanced beer.

I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite between the two. IHL up there with Yakima & Axe Edge as the best I've had from Beerbods.

I think the lager-dry finish sees the IHL slip into 2nd behind the Axe Edge which I find a touch more full-bodied and satisfying. The Yakima is a real powerhouse with a huge malty sweetness, I have to be well prepared for one of them, although I have none left now though :(

Bitter Descent is getting better as it comes up to room temp. More in the Yakima spectrum.

Tonight I shall be sampling several pints of Saxon Gold in the Duke William (Stourbridge)! Its a hard life but someone has to do it (I may progress to The Royal Exchange and a few Batham's too)

I think I'll be in the Exchange tonight - I do fancy a Bathams or two in order to fully prepare myself for the game tomorrow.

If I'm at the GFs, it'll have to be the King and Castle in Kiddy.

Either way, Bathams Bathams Bathams.

I think I'll be in the Exchange tonight - I do fancy a Bathams or two in order to fully prepare myself for the game tomorrow.

If I'm at the GFs, it'll have to be the King and Castle in Kiddy.

Either way, Bathams Bathams Bathams.

The difficult choices we have to make eh! Tomorrow pre match will be a real ale in Combermere followed by several in Worcester on the evening! I am blessed!

I'm going to Drygate brewery in Glasgow tonight to watch the egg chasing. Many, many pints of Bareface Lager will be consumed.

My Beer52 has arrived as well but no Axe Edge. :(

There is a Gosnells - London Mead though which I'm very happy about.

The difficult choices we have to make eh! Tomorrow pre match will be a real ale in Combermere followed by several in Worcester on the evening! I am blessed!

I don't know too many in Worcester - although there's that small place just down the road from Huntingdon Hall that I've been in a few times. That's awesome. They do a lovely pint of Malvern Hills - Black Pear in there.

I'm going to Drygate brewery in Glasgow tonight to watch the egg chasing. Many, many pints of Bareface Lager will be consumed.

My Beer52 has arrived as well but no Axe Edge. :(

There is a Gosnells - London Mead though which I'm very happy about.

Drygate Galdeye IPA was my first ever BeerBod #memories

No Axe Edge?! That's a worry.

A good selection in the Woodman today. Currently supping a Mallinsons - Deutsche Pale Ale. It's lovely.

To Øl - Final Frontier. 9% Double IPA. Nice gentle one to start the evening...

Back