• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I think DW means the Claregate. I used to live up the road, never went in. My loss by the looks of things.

Oops, I do.

I went in the Clarendon last week, still on my mind obviously (not sure why as it's as identikit a pub as it gets).

The Clarrie is awful. However lots like so who am I to judge?

The Clarrie is awful. However lots like so who am I to judge?

I'm not a fan either. The Combermere is good - I'd always miss out the Clarendon if I'm ever around those parts. Or just walk a bit further and go to the Lych Gate.

Combermere is indeed good. The Alexandra was a favourite of mine a few years ago.

In the Western. On the bar:

Bathams
Holdens - full range
Abbeydale - Absolution
Thornbridge - Jaipur

And a Biddendens cider.

Fucking ridiculous. WHY do I have to go to work tomorrow?!?!?

I use to go in the Clarendon pre-match until they had the re-furb and replaced all the bar staff, being going in the Electric Club ever since, not everyone's cup of tea but they serve glow.

The Clarendon is just a 6/10 pub, it's not horrible, it's not stupidly expensive, it's not miles out of the way, I just couldn't think of any reason why I'd ever want to go there or recommend it to anyone.

I had to meet someone a couple of weeks ago and was right by there, for a drink and a spot of lunch it was adequate. You just know there are tens of thousands of pubs across the country that look exactly the same and do exactly the same though.

I used to meet a couple of mates sometimes in the Leccy Club. I wasn't convinced by the beer in there.

Last edited:
I always try and find a bar where the locals go when I'm away from England, found a beauty, would probably be closed down within a week in England.
Anyway Cervesas Alahmbra, ice cold and gorgeous, I'm lucky in that the Missus will always say, 'why don't you go and have a couple of pints love', dreamworld!

So just sovereign legislation then? I thought it was something more fundamental like piss poor hygiene.

So just sovereign legislation then? I thought it was something more fundamental like piss poor hygiene.

Oh no, no problem there, you're probably more up on these things than I am, I just find the laid back attitude a blessed relief, especially as I'm someone who works for an American owned Company.

beer52.com are running another £10 off and 2 free beers subscription code. Just re-subscribed after cancelling last month and it seems to have gone through ok. This month's box contains a bottle of Buxton Axe Edge which is just about the best beer I've ever had.

10 beers for £14 delivered is ludicrous.

Voucher code is FRESH

beer52.com are running another £10 off and 2 free beers subscription code. Just re-subscribed after cancelling last month and it seems to have gone through ok. This month's box contains a bottle of Buxton Axe Edge which is just about the best beer I've ever had.

10 beers for £14 delivered is ludicrous.

Voucher code is FRESH

:disco:

Back