• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Good choice Tredman. Very nice pint, that.

I'm having a dark night (and I've just started watching Dark Knight on TCM!). Einstock Toasted Porter earlier, which was very nice and currently sipping a Firebrand Black Saison. Really not sure about this one though. Seems a bit sour on the nose. Dark fruit and wheat with some bitter chocolate but a bit fizzy on the tongue. Doesn't quite add up for me.

I felt exactly the same about the saison. I didn't know what it was trying to be, a bit muddled and a pretty poor brew.

Had a Greene King - Rumrunner at the pub tonight. It was surprisingly good. If you like I&G I'd definitely give this a try.

Stan... Your bosses are fucking weird...

Beer Project Brussels - Dark Sister. A Belgian Black IPA. Just stunning.

BeerBods tonight is Siren Craft Brew, Half Mast QIPA - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/siren-craft-brew-half-mast-qipa/

450x450.jpg

It's a Quarter IPA. Meant to have all the punch and flavour of an American style IPA but at a very British session friendly 2.8% ABV

Been meaning to search out a Siren Craft ale for a while now, so I'm hoping for a little cracker tonight. May have to follow it up with something with a bit more kick seeing as I'm not having an all-dayer!

I've had this before on keg at a Brewdog. It's bloody lovely.

Hope it's better than this Sainsbury's Tap Room IPA.... :(

Hail to the Ale Micropub has been named in the top 16 UK pubs for 2015. ANyone been? Not even heard of it!

Hail to the Ale Micropub has been named in the top 16 UK pubs for 2015. ANyone been? Not even heard of it!
Been past it a 100 times but never been in. Always looks packed out though.

Equinox Pale Oat Ale- Lagunitas.

Smashing :licklips:

Been to the village beer festival tonight. Highlights were Long Man American Pale Ale and Goddards Fuggle Dee Dum

It's just about walking distance from my house but as sandal ale is not my thing I have never bothered. It's not far past the Clarendon. From the outside I can never tell if it's open or not.

It's just about walking distance from my house but as sandal ale is not my thing I have never bothered. It's not far past the Clarendon. From the outside I can never tell if it's open or not.

Not the Chapel Ash Clarendon, I presume?

I think DW means the Claregate. I used to live up the road, never went in. My loss by the looks of things.

10540899_10153556711078879_4367791100615330083_n.jpg

Off here probably tonight, tomorrow afternoon, tomorrow evening and then again on Sunday!

That's not straight.

Although they have a Tiny Rebel beer on. Try it. Or else.

Back