• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

It's really nothing special at all!

I've tried plenty and whilst it's not undrinkable, put a different logo on it and call it 'Old Daves Pigswill Scratcher' and people would be saying exactly the same.

I'm all for new breweries and new flavours but I'll prefer to let my taste buds do the work... ;)

Yeah me too. I've said many times that I don't like them as a brewery. Not had a beer of theirs that I don't like though.

The bit in bold may apply to some, I don't think it does to anyone who posts in here, tbh.

In the top 5 breweries in the country IMO.

Not a fan of the Cronx. One to forget I think, very bland and a bit too lively. I don't think bitters stand up to bottle conditioning at all. Fortunately, the next 4 weeks look awesome, really looking forward to the IHL in particular.

It's a fizzy bastard isn't it! I've let it settle down and warm up a bit and it's getting better. Loads of malty caramel and liquorice. Doesn't taste like a 3.8%'er. Would be loads better on cask I imagine. Certainly not one I'll be seeking out again.

The bit in bold may apply to some, I don't think it does to anyone who posts in here, tbh.

On the whole, I'd agree.

I still say there's nothing that special about it. I understand the marketing is very good and it's many peoples first steps into trying ale but there are far better out there for a fraction of the price.

But there's no accounting for taste. Unless you're a Doom Bar apologist, obviously.

But those hops man, those hops!

Saw you and the wife at the train station this morning! However some massive lug with a suitcase was in the way so I couldn't hurdle over and say hello.

You were just getting in the ticket queue, I was heading out as I had to meet someone in Chapel Ash (glamorous stuff!). Would have stopped but the aforementioned lug and me already being late prevented that. Never mind, I'll catch you at the Brighton game if you're going.

How about this for a label PPB?

pandamo.jpg

Just enjoying a bottle of it now. More of a mellow and full bodied American style IPA. Very satisfying.

pandamo.jpg

Just enjoying a bottle of it now. More of a mellow and full bodied American style IPA. Very satisfying.

Hahaha, never heard of that one but that's my kinda label! It screams out 'DRINK MEEEEEEE! :)

machin,you know all these bottled beers you sup, do you drink them out of the bottle or poured in a glass? Not sure if its more a yankee thing but if you go to pour someone a beer here they always say ( even craft beers) ' i'll take mine in the bottle '. I like to see the colour and the head on mine.

Anyone ever had anything from Batemans? Grabbed a bottle of some mocha beer by them from B&M earlier because it was only 70p, quite like it.

machin,you know all these bottled beers you sup, do you drink them out of the bottle or poured in a glass? Not sure if its more a yankee thing but if you go to pour someone a beer here they always say ( even craft beers) ' i'll take mine in the bottle '. I like to see the colour and the head on mine.

Always in a glass for me. Like to get a good nosefull before I take a sip.

Plus a lot of them are bottle conditioned so I like to pour out the good stuff before the yeast and sediment gets mixed up with the beer.

Back