• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Ales arrived from Beer52.com

55e5ee6c7115cf532c8b4568.jpg

From left to right:

De Molen - Hamer & Sikkel
Celt Experience - Le Tene
North Union - Pale Ale
Tempest Brewing - The Pale Armidillo
Gypsy Inc - Soft Focus
Brewfist - Terminal Pale Ale
Natural Selection Brewing - Bitter Descent
Wiper & True - Quintent
Firebrand - Black Saison
Panda Frog Project - Pandamonium

Not had any of them before, which is always a treat.

Oh and a free bottle opener, packet of super hot tortilla chips, book about UK craft breweries and a magazine called Ferment.

Not bad for £14 - they're certainly doing their best to secure a renewal.

Had that box a few weeks ago from Beer52. The Bitter Descent is fucking beautiful Machin. The W&T Quintet is lovely as well.

As it happens just had a Beer52 delivery today as well.

Gosnell - London Mead
Cloudwater - Session IPA
Beer Project Bussels - Dark Sister
Brønher - The Drunk Hop
Brønher - Drink Me Alive
Lervig - Lucky Jack
Brewfist & Beer Here - Caterpillar Pale Ale
6° North - Hop Classic
Vocation Brewery - Heart & Soul
The White Hag - Tuireann Bán

Had a bit of a Lymestone session on Friday.

Stone Cutter - 3.7% cracking session ale
Foundation Stone - 4.5% golden ale with crisp finish
Erin Stein - 5% and my favourite, a lovely ale with a cracking finish, smooth for a golden ale but with quality flavour
Abdominal Stoneman - 6.9% Dark and bitter, far too strong for me as a pint. Blow your tits off stuff to have last after 5 of the above.

Got bought the best part of 20 different ales for my birthday. Some meh, some top draw. All will be drunk with a smile on my face.

Had a bit of a Lymestone session on Friday.

Stone Cutter - 3.7% cracking session ale
Foundation Stone - 4.5% golden ale with crisp finish
Erin Stein - 5% and my favourite, a lovely ale with a cracking finish, smooth for a golden ale but with quality flavour
Abdominal Stoneman - 6.9% Dark and bitter, far too strong for me as a pint. Blow your tits off stuff to have last after 5 of the above.

Got bought the best part of 20 different ales for my birthday. Some meh, some top draw. All will be drunk with a smile on my face.

Still want to try the Abdominal. Was meant to get it in a BeerBods but they had run out so I got a Ein Stein instead, which was nice, but I'd geared myself up for a powerhouse so was ultimately left a bit high and dry.

"Cloudwater - Session IPA" is a beer I keep hearing good things about.

Drinking a mead by Gosnells from Peckham. Know absolutely fuck all about mead but I'm really enjoying this one. Light, crisp, refreshing and surprisingly citrusy. The honey isn't overpowering at all, it's a nice aftertaste which rounds it off. If you like light, hoppy pale ales I'd definitely recommend giving this a try.

Drinking a Lagunitas Maximus. Fruity, hoppy, golden in colour. But at 8.2% ,after about 3 you probably wouldn't give a toss what it tasted of.

Heard good things about Lagunitas' beers. Need to try and seek some out.

Quite enjoy the IPA. They sell it I'm Sainsbury's and Weatherspoons.

Majestic do the IPA by the looks of it. Seems they do a few decent craft ales (Curious, Brew Dog, Einstok, Goose Island). May have to take a visit seeing as it's only down the road.

Just gone to cancel my Beer52 subscription as my special offer box arrived yesterday and they've offered me £5 off my next box if I stay.

So that's £19 for the next 8 beers which, all in all, equates to £1.83 for each beer (including the box I've just received). Be silly not to, really.

Bollocks. Just tried again and they cancelled my subscription without offering me the discount!
Ah well, saves me trying to justify buying more beer to the missus!

Also found this - http://www.homebrewdepot.co.uk/products/the-micro-batch-beer-brewing-kit?variant=1228586955

UK based, so should have better stock levels than the the Brooklyn Brew Shop (and £5 cheaper) which doesn't seem readily available over here. I may still get their book though as it's packed with 1 gallon recipes.

Back