• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

It's quite nice - I recommend Regatta if you happen to find it. Easily Adnams' best beer.

I have not seen any Regatta in Lincolnshire, but if it is better than Broadside then I must endeavour to find an outlet that supplies it.

Supping Blue Monkey - Infinity in the Woodman in Brum.

Fantastic beer.

Last time you had that beer you said it was a bit meh!

Too be fair the Western hadn't looked after it because it's an awesome pint. I love there +1 version of it even more.

Haven't they stopped brewing Regatta?

Their Crystal Rye IPA is nice.

Just popped a bottle of Stone Brewing, 'Go To IPA' in the fridge for later. Anyone had it before?

Have they? That's a shame - not had it in a while though.

I'm not 100% sure but I think so. I lived not far from Southwold for a few years when I was a kid and Regatta was my dad's favourite beer at the time. We used to get it in his local in Dunblane from time to time when it was still a Harviestoun pub but I think I remember him moaning about Adnams either cutting back or stopping brewing in entirely.

Just popped a bottle of Stone Brewing, 'Go To IPA' in the fridge for later. Anyone had it before?

I had it in a Brewdog bar a few months ago. It's bloody glorious.

Currently drinking a lovely American Wheat Ale called Skeleton Blues by Stewart Brewing who are fast becoming one of my favourite breweries. They apparently do a Cranachan Berliner Weisse which I need to get my hands on.

The Go To IPA is superb. Spot on. Very similar to the Graffiti IPA but slightly less potent. Would be amazing to have a session on.

Had a bottle of Firebrand - Black Saison last night. Was quite looking forward to it after the Graffiti but it was a bit of a let down.

Regularly hearing how the Glow is better than Bathams in the Western. I rate Bathams quite high so I'd expect my first pint of Glow to be on that level. It's a solid 4/5 but I can't ever see it replacing a Bathams for me :)

The Bathams is inconsistent in the Western, and it seems to be a matchday thing. TBH I much prefer BCB to Glow.

Last night I had a pint of Pedigree, not normally my favourite beer, but I must admit that this one was quite nice.

First pint of Robinsons' Unicorn last night. They've been brewing it since 1890. Reading on their website they have also launched a keg version of Trooper.

Chorlton - Woodruff Berliner Weisse. Super refreshing.

Evil Twin - Soft Dookie

10.4% Imperial Stout that has blown my mind.

Creamy, vanilla, smoky goodness.

Isn't Evil Twin Mikkeller's half brother or something along those lines?

I've got my hands on a few tickets for Craft Beer Rising in Glasgow next Friday. Very excited.

Isn't Evil Twin Mikkeller's half brother or something along those lines?

I've got my hands on a few tickets for Craft Beer Rising in Glasgow next Friday. Very excited.

Yeah pretty much.

I need to book a trip to Copenhagen asap. Beer, football = winning

Back