• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Anyone ever had anything from Batemans? Grabbed a bottle of some mocha beer by them from B&M earlier because it was only 70p, quite like it.

I think I've had their Victory Ale before, but nothing recently.

We get quite a lot of Batemans beers round here. XB is the standard bitter and XXXB is a bit stronger. Nothing to write home about. It's brewed in Skeggy, so Frank might be the expert.

Started drinking in Glasgow at Craft Beer Rising, ended up in Dundee. Work that one out. Some amazing beers tasted tonight.

Chorlton - Yakima Sour
Natural Selection - Bitter Descent
Drygate - Gladeye IPA
The Kernel - Brown Ale
Harviestoun - Broken Dial
Eden Mill - Bunker (double IPA)
Beavertown - Smog Rocket
Chorlton - Amarillo Sour
Brewdog - Hop Fiction
Mikkeller/Siren - Beer Geek Daydream
Buxton/Omnipollo - Yellow Belly
Big Hug - Slow Loris
Thistly Cross - Whisky Cask Cider
Thornbridge - Cocoa Wonderland
Belhaven - Twisted Thistle

Last edited:
I hope they were all 1/3s young man....

I hope they were all 1/3s young man....

All 1/2s apart from the Mikkeller which was a 1/3 and had 2 pints of the Yakima Sour.

Beer of the night was easily the Mikkeller/Siren. White stout brewed with coffee, cocoa and vanilla. Thistly Cross was good as well.

leeds International Beer Festival currently on the go.

12% ABV I read as well! No wonder it was just a 1/3.

Yeah, bit heavy. It poured out like treacle.

I think the Buxton was 12% as well.

Had a clear-out and rearrange of my shed today. Much prefer it this way!

11705329_10156185293655647_529777174108002222_n.jpg

Still got a few Yakima left! I admire your willpower Machin.

Got a few nice cans in for the football. Lervig - Lucky Jack which is a 4.7% American pale ale and Vocation - Heart & Soul, a 4.4% session IPA.

Just the one. Still got 3 Axe Edge's too. I'm a pleasure delayer!

Really impressed with the Heart & Soul. Brewed in Hebden Bridge, definitely need to check out a few more of their beers.

Onto my third titanic iceberg, it's making strictly bearable. Got a few Punk IPA to follow too.

Good choice Tredman. Very nice pint, that.

I'm having a dark night (and I've just started watching Dark Knight on TCM!). Einstock Toasted Porter earlier, which was very nice and currently sipping a Firebrand Black Saison. Really not sure about this one though. Seems a bit sour on the nose. Dark fruit and wheat with some bitter chocolate but a bit fizzy on the tongue. Doesn't quite add up for me.

Great film Dark Night, much better than watching 3rd rate celebrities wiggle their bottoms.

I'm sticking on light - got a marston's new world pale ale next :)

Back