• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Beer/pub related

Staying in Brum tonight.

Where is the best place to go and watch the football on TV around the city centre?

The Trocadero is OK.

Having a practice in readiness for tomorrow. A very good pint of Milestone Crusader in the Lychgate.

Just picked up 48 cans of (slightly bashed) Dead Pony Club reduced to £30 from Majestic Wines. Bit of an effort to drag home but I'm well chuffed with that, especially seeing as they're only 3 weeks old! God bless clumsy customer assistants.

Dragging 48 cans of beer through the streets is up there with when someone suggested I order some crisps which only come in boxes of 24, imagine signing for them and them only at your door :icon_lol:

That's cool.

Dead Pony is fucking awesome. I was just thinking actually that I might get a couple of cans for the train up to Brum later

Dragging 48 cans of beer through the streets is up there with when someone suggested I order some crisps which only come in boxes of 24, imagine signing for them and them only at your door :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

There was a moment when I thought, 'I'm going to look a right spanner carrying these' but then they put them in a big plain white box for me so I could hide my shame.

The second moment of regret was when I realised I was still a 20 minute walk from my flat.

That's cool.

Dead Pony is fucking awesome. I was just thinking actually that I might get a couple of cans for the train up to Brum later

Just cracked one, the aroma they kick off is just out of this world. Easily in my top 5 beers.

Got back home to find my latest BeerBods delivery. I do love it when that happens.

Quick one in Euston Tap.

Such a cool little pub.

:icon_lol:

There was a moment when I thought, 'I'm going to look a right spanner carrying these' but then they put them in a big plain white box for me so I could hide my shame.

The second moment of regret was when I realised I was still a 20 minute walk from my flat.

Just cracked one, the aroma they kick off is just out of this world. Easily in my top 5 beers.
Having worked at a brewery and lugged 24-packs of beer round on many an occasion, I can confirm they get very fucking heavy!

Thornbridge Jaipur is my tipple of the week.

Salopian Kashmir earlier today. Most excellent.

Just found this description online:

Kashmir is a joyful hop bomb of a beer.
It begins with a smell that’s pink foam shrimps, iced gems, pencil shavings and fruit jelly.
Its a smell that you have to smile at.
The flavour is big and bold and sharp and fresh, with malts that are a supple and chewy dried fruit cereal bar coated in gloopy honey, and they’re the perfect platform for the Citra, Riwaka and Saaz hops to do their thing.
And they really do their thing.
Fizzy sherbet sweet shop fun, stinging nettles, gooseberry fool, woody resin and a good sharp grapefruit skin zestiness.
The finish is super dry and super bitter.

And you lot thought I was bad!

Quick one in Euston Tap.

Such a cool little pub.

Missed this - the Euston Tap is brilliant. I always stop in there when I'm in London - sadly not been since Orient away but it never disappoints.

Their range of beers is one of the biggest I've seen. It's my plan to try them all when funds allow!

I had Wild Swan when I was in Manchester - very pleasant though not in the same league as Jaipur. I'd really like to go to their brewery one day.

Back