• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Makes the £3 a bottle BeerBods seem like great value!

Some prices are getting ridiculous. £5 for a third is taking the biscuit, but I guess fools pay it, so bars charge it.

I've just had a cracking pint of Ossett Brewery's Inception at the Black Bull, Rothwell. Silver King and Blonde to follow! £2.70/pint.

Dark Star - Hophead on in my local. Oh God yes. Hopefully still on tomorrow lunchtime for the football.

Rat Brewery Soratchi Ace in the Black Bull. Not bad. I prefered the Brass Castle Cliffhanger.

Yet to have a pint of that. Seems quite unbelievable really.

Are you serious?!?

Had a lot of different ales over the past few days.

From the beer festival on Thursday (all half pints otherwise I'd have died):

Holdens - Shag Boss - excellent, not dissimilar to Holdens Bitter
Hesket Newmarket - Double Hitch - a nice pale ale from Penrith
Orkney - Northern Light - very drinkable light ale
3B's - Bobbins Bitter - a bit 'meh' - probably the weakest I had
Lytham - Royal - tasty if unspectacular
Hydes - Manchester Finest - an old favourite that I had to try again. Not as nice as Jekyll's Gold but a cracking quaffable ale
Springhead Brewery - Double Jeopardy - powerful at 7.5% but absolutely full of flavour. Gorgeous.
Fixed Wheel - No Brakes IPA - the best of the lot. Tremendous and also packs a punch (5.9%).

Then a pub crawl in Manchester yesterday where I had the following:

Copper Dragon - Golden Pippin - WOW. Glorious. Could have had several of these but we had other places to go!
Thornbridge - Wild Swan - low in ABV but high in flavour
Robinsons - Unicorn - popped into an old favourite pub of mine and had to have a pint of this.
Bristol Beer Factory - Seven - had a bottle of this in Pieminister and wasn't too impressed. Won't be having it again
Cottage Brewing Co - Golden Arrow - very well kept session ale. Pleasant.
Beer Studio - Millennium Crystal - as above. Unspectacular but nice.
Moorhouses - Pendle Witches Brew - a bit plain. I find Moorhouses to be a bit overrated.

An excellent weekend. Looking forward to the Western tomorrow!!

Looking forward to Wednesday so I can have a proper session in the Western before the game

Looks like a cracking couple of days Langers.

Indeed Lycan! Although The Lychgate may beckon post match. Actually it starts for me on Tuesday!

Gypsy Inc - Soft Focus. Gorgeous American wheat ale, so light and refreshing. Would definitely recommend.

Sheltering from the tourist invasion with a Mikkeller - American Dream, Siren - Half mast & Stone - Points Unknown IPA at Brewdog Edinburgh.

11903875_10153366828743891_3089699094855445171_n.jpg

Slater's Pale Pheasant Shagger :icon_eek:

Back OT. An excellent pint of Ossett Brewery Pale Gold followed by a Braming Stoker from Fernades Brewery.

Back