• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Got to be honest I often think this when I'm in the Western, much prefer the Glow in there. Never had a bad Holdens BCB there either.

I think it's a match day thing TBH. It was on very good form last week when I was there with Leeds, Paddy and Squeeze.

This week's BeerBods offering is Tempest, Long White Cloud - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/tempest-brewing-co-long-white-cloud/

long_white_cloud.jpg

An (Extra) Pale Ale. Sounds just up my street with the whole juicy tropical thang going on. New Zealand inspired, but made in Scotland. I know the Buxton Axe Edge is made with NZ hops so this one should tick some boxes for me.

Oh, and Lycan, my Beerbods subscription renewed automatically which has kinda made my decision for me. Must be an opt-out type deal. Has your initial subscription expired yet? Make sure you get the £3 off for using the code I gave you - it should apply to the next subscription but I had to email them as they charged me full price. They sorted it out within 10 mins though.

Will be pre-facing the Tempest (or following, not decidied yet) with the next of my "Round the World box" - Hitachino Nest White Ale.

bbe15c8a-a2c0-4b8f-af79-31b2f5d96398.jpg

Cool bottle, huh!

Black Country Beer Festival in just under an hour.

Looking forward to this!! Faggots and pays for me snap as well ay it.....

Just had an after work Magic Rock "Cannonball". Great pint.

Tempest are a favourite of mine and Long White Cloud is particularly good. You'll enjoy this one Machin.

I can get these pretty cheap in my local Lidl along with their best bitter and an amazing 7% Imperial Black IPA (so weird but so good, a must try if you can get your hands on it) so I'm rarely without one stored away somewhere. As a result I think I chugged my beerbods LWC a few weeks ago accidentally so I won't be joining you tonight.

Just stuck a Brewfist - Terminal Pale Ale in the fridge to chill though and I've got a Wiper & True - Quintet to follow up.

Currently sat in BrewDog Shepherds Bush and will be here for the night!

Firestone Walker - Wookey Jack at the minute which is a 8.3% black IPA that is all sorts of awesome.

Firestone Walker - Wookey Jack at the minute which is a 8.3% black IPA that is all sorts of awesome.

You got a stick-on-beard and some knitting to do so you don't look daft?

Tempest are a favourite of mine and Long White Cloud is particularly good. You'll enjoy this one Machin.

I can get these pretty cheap in my local Lidl along with their best bitter and an amazing 7% Imperial Black IPA (so weird but so good, a must try if you can get your hands on it) so I'm rarely without one stored away somewhere. As a result I think I chugged my beerbods LWC a few weeks ago accidentally so I won't be joining you tonight.

Just stuck a Brewfist - Terminal Pale Ale in the fridge to chill though and I've got a Wiper & True - Quintet to follow up.

Let me know how they are. The bottle of Brewfist Spaceman I had a few weeks back was awesome.

We have a load of Brewfist on in the bar so might try one once I've finished this hat and scarf

I had a couple of Firestone Walker beers in their home state last week, Union Jack and Pivo. Other highlights of the trip were Speakeasy Big Daddy IPA, English Ales Dragon Slayer, Venice Dogtown Duck and Coronado Islander

Grabbed a couple of Adnams Crystal Rye IPA from B&M for 89p a bottle! A nice tipple considering the price.

Adnams have some lovely stuff depending on what your mood you're in.
I've been drinking Explorer mostly this week as its hot and its a lighter blonde beer, but the Ghost Ship and Lighthouse beers are lovely too

The Hitachino Nest White Ale is pretty nice. Very very pale. Almost a wheat beer but with an orange, lemon and ginger flavour to it. Such a light beer, would be amazing on a sunny day.

On to the Long White Cloud. Another one that seems to have that Deuchars-esque grassyness - but I'm not sure if that's because of the gingery, orangey Hitachino affecting my tastebuds. Enough citrus and grapefruit to fight through that though. Will have to have another at some point to double check.

That was on in the bar I was in tonight. £5 a half. Guess it was more in a London Brewdog?

That was on in the bar I was in tonight. £5 a half. Guess it was more in a London Brewdog?

Yeah it was about £5 for a third.

Really good beer though.

I'm used to it now across London it helps that I get 25% off in BrewDog but I was asked to pay £7 for a pint elsewhere the other week which made my eyes water slightly

I'm used to it now across London it helps that I get 25% off in BrewDog but I was asked to pay £7 for a pint elsewhere the other week which made my eyes water slightly

I was in a bar in Shoreditch and they were charging £6 a pint for Camden locks. But they were also serving cocktails in jam jars and plastic bags.

Back