• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I imagine it's a kinda magic.

Goose Island, Ten Hills. Going down nicely.

ec64837da84facb61b497f42ff2dcede.jpg

Made it to Mecca

Coconut and jasmine IPA is ace

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Finally managed to get some Holden's Golden Glow in my pub, after hearing all you lot go on about it.
Not normally too into golden beers, something I'm trying to change, but I thought it was rather lovely. Need to sort out getting to a home game now, to get a pint in... the Western?

Yep. The Western is a Holden's pub. Personally I much prefer Holden's BCB to the 'Glow'.

Yep. The Western is a Holden's pub. Personally I much prefer Holden's BCB to the 'Glow'.

I think they're very close but I prefer the Glow. Special a very nice drop but my 3rd favourite. All 3 are superb though.

I had a couple of Glows in the Shrub last night - it was on TOP form. As much as the Western is the better pub in every single way (except the distance from my house!) I think the Shrub's beer is better.

Rellies around over the weekend and someone brought Boddingtons "because I know you like bitter" FFS.

I think most normal shampoos are stronger ABV than normal Carlsberg anyway.

My old man's birthday today, got a bottle of Trappistes - Rochefort 10 to share later. Pretty excited.

Dad gave the dregs of his to the dog. Brewed by monks, drank by trailhounds.

Insanely good beer though. Never had anything like it.

Really? Trappistes is excellent. By the way if you dont wat bog standard horsepiss lager in the Western (yeah - I know I know I am a philistine) I noticed today that they have got Duvel in bottles in the main stand up fridge. Duvel is glorious.

Trappist ales are the highest echelon of beer.

Sat outside The Woodman in Brum supping a pint of This by Teme Valley in the sunshine. Glorious.

The Western was fantastic this afternoon. Very pleasurable hour to get the heat from doing the decorating out of my system.

Indeed. However, surprisingly, I detest drinking ale at home (I just do not enjoy it)! It would be of absolutely no use to me whatsoever.
I prefer drinking in the pub to at home, altough have a cupboard full of beer to get through.

Back