• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Flying Dog - The Truth. Strong as fook but a lovely beer. Cool artwork on the bottle as well.
Beavertown are my cans of choice at the moment. Their cans have some snazzy artwork on them also. Just bloody expensive!

They only really sell Marston's and Shepheard Naeme stuff at the moment - none of which does a whole lot to get my dick hard tbh, so it'll be interesting to see what they determine to be "craft ale".

Just having a pint of old speckled hen in sunny Lincolnshire. Very pleasant it is too.

Seirra Nevada - Torpedo Extra IPA, Lagunitas IPA and Brewdog - Jackhammer on the cards for tonight. :pint2:

Seirra Nevada - Torpedo Extra IPA, Lagunitas IPA and Brewdog - Jackhammer on the cards for tonight. :pint2:

That sounds sweet.

I get an 'introduction' to BrewDog beers on Tuesday and will spend Sun, Mon, Tues night in their tap bar! Can't wait

That sounds sweet.

I get an 'introduction' to BrewDog beers on Tuesday and will spend Sun, Mon, Tues night in their tap bar! Can't wait

I keep meaning to go up to DogTap but I never do. I'll be expecting a full review.

A friend of mine got his hands on some Death or Glory a few weeks ago and cant stop raving about it. Definitely try some of their high % beers if you have the chance, really cool how they're pushing the boundary between beer and spirit. Alternatively, drown yourself in 5AM Saint. A perfectly decent way to bow out.

Torpedo is a bit of a pine bomb, Lagunitas IPA is pretty standard. Lagunitas on the whole is a fucking brilliant brewery, though. If you happen across any Maximus, snatch it without a second thought.

Tonight's offering from the good people at BeerBods is Pressure Drop, Pale Fire - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/pressure-drop-brewing-pale-fire/

450x450.jpg

Sounds right up my street and they certainly give it a good write-up.

I seem to remember Pressure Drop being mentioned on here recently???

Looks like it could be a cracker! Looking forward to this even more now.

A few cans of Camden Town - Hells Lager to warm me up for the Pale Fire later.

Just noticed that the Pressure Drop is bottle conditioned Lycan, so pour with care :D

It's an absolute beauty. Everything you'd imagine from a modern pale ale. Tropical chewy sweets up front and a quenching dry bitter finish. Just the right amount of everything, including the abv.

This just made me chuckle, from the live tasting on Twitter:

Gaz Aston ‏@gazaston 4m4 minutes ago
First synchronised #beerbods in a long time. Pale Fire is yum. Like Punk IPA but with a longer finish, and less sweet

BeerBods ‏@BeerBods 1m1 minute ago
@gazaston and not brewed by megolomaniacs [M]

An APA under 5%? I have truly now seen everything.

This just made me chuckle, from the live tasting on Twitter:

Gaz Aston ‏@gazaston 4m4 minutes ago
First synchronised #beerbods in a long time. Pale Fire is yum. Like Punk IPA but with a longer finish, and less sweet

BeerBods ‏@BeerBods 1m1 minute ago
@gazaston and not brewed by megolomaniacs [M]

You leave my new best friends alone...

Back