• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Signed up to Untappd a while ago then forgot all about it. I've now got my newbie badge.

Just delved into my Great Heck brewery box for a bottle of Citra. Absolutely spot on. Best, most balanced but flavoursome Citra I've had.

Currently enjoying a pint of Cornish Crown SPA in the Lychgate.

And a ham and mustard cob for 50p!

Make that a pint of Hart Hill's Hart of Gold. Very good.

Just delved into my Great Heck brewery box for a bottle of Citra. Absolutely spot on. Best, most balanced but flavoursome Citra I've had.

On to the Shankar IPA. As you could probably tell from the name, it's a pretty traditional trading IPA. Hoppy and bitter. Just a hint of sweetness on the nose. Very very nice.
I tell you what, this Great Heck Brewery are a the dog's jacobs.

Blue Moon is garbage, wish my sister would stop buying me Birthday beers based on name/label.

Blue Moon is a MillerCoors brand, just fyi.

I suppose it faired slightly better than the other thing she'd bought me that I went to drink first, some IPA plastered in multi-coloured labels which went straight down the sink after 1 sip, this has at least made it half way down the glass before I gave up.

I actually find Blue Moon's "flagship" beer to be alright, better than most macro lagers, but it MUST be drank without a food pairing. Every time I've eaten something and had a Blue Moon with it, the flavor has been completely sucked out of the beer and left only booziness, truly a failure of brewing considering the beer's middling ABV.

I'm generally not a fan of alcoholic drinks alongside food, just very rarely works for me.

Tonight's beer disappoints can now be consigned to history though, trusty bottle of Innis & Gunn in the fridge to cover up all the bad things.

Eating and drinking? What sort of foul witchcraft is this?

I'm generally not a fan of alcoholic drinks alongside food, just very rarely works for me.

Tonight's beer disappoints can now be consigned to history though, trusty bottle of Innis & Gunn in the fridge to cover up all the bad things.
Nor me, but some pairings turn in amazing results.

Einstök - Toasted Porter. Had a bottle of their Icelandic PA and their white ale but this is on another level. If I had to drink one beer for the rest of my life...

Einstök - Toasted Porter. Had a bottle of their Icelandic PA and their white ale but this is on another level. If I had to drink one beer for the rest of my life...

Oooh, there's one of those in the BeerBods Beers of the World box I've just opened. Is that where you got it?

Got my old man the BeerBods set you posted a few weeks back on here Machin. He is well pleased, so cheers for sharing thatone.

Cool, no worries mate.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434877121.367541.jpg

I've got this beauty chilling in the fridge.

9.4% of fresh limited edition Stone Brewing Co Double IPA.

I suppose it depends on the beer and how it is made.

I don't think it will be the case with this one!

Back