• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Usually it's just the opposite.

I'm highly anticipating cracking open the Stone later.

Better not let me down

I'm highly anticipating cracking open the Stone later.

Better not let me down
Have you had any of their stuff before? Easily the most popular craft brewery in the states.

Have you had any of their stuff before? Easily the most popular craft brewery in the states.

Yeah I have they're great producers of beer.

The Enjoy By range are hard to get in the States so to have one here 22 days after it was bottled is awesome!

I was quite surprised to see one here, no doubt. Still some people age EBs on purpose, apparently they hold up well even without the slap of hops. Not tried it myself but as "expired" EBs usually sell at huge discounts it's something to keep in mind.

Oooh, there's one of those in the BeerBods Beers of the World box I've just opened. Is that where you got it?

Nah, I haven't ordered anything apart from the main box from them. Just discovered a wee shop near me which has a really cool selection. All the best Scottish beers, plus a loads from round the world.

Currently drinking a WEST - St. Mungo's Lager. Top pint though a little pricey.

Nah, I haven't ordered anything apart from the main box from them. Just discovered a wee shop near me which has a really cool selection. All the best Scottish beers, plus a loads from round the world.

Ah cool. Sounds like a bostin' shop to have on your doorstep. I need to find a shop like that - Having said that, I've currently got 3 BeerBods boxes on the go at the moment, so I'm not sure my liver, or wallet, could cope with having such an establishment within a stones throw.

As I'm such a loser, I've mapped out where the BeerBods "Beers of the World" come from in order to decide on what order to drink them in - https://goo.gl/pI0jYx

Started with the Boundary APA - from a co-operative brewery in Belfast. Next stop is Norway for a bottle of Lervig Betty Brown - might do one every Sunday in order to make the fun last.

I don't think I'd ever buy beer from a wee shop.

Had way too much ale this weekend. And went to the Great Western in Bewdley which is well worth a look.

I don't think I went to a bad pub all weekend actually:

Friday:

The Woodman (Brum city centre)
Royal Exchange (Stourbridge)

Sunday:

Golden Lion
White Lion
Railwaymans Arms (all Bridgnorth)
The Great Western (Bewdley)
Station Inn
King and Castle (both Kidderminster)

Some excellent beverages - some I tried for the first time, others were old favourites.

That's quite the Sunday!

Langers, was that an all weekend pub crawl...?

I had Saturday off!

It was dad's birthday on Friday and obviously Father's Day yesterday.

I would recommend every single one of those pubs by the way. Most enjoyable. I feel fine today as we spread it out over the day but I was horrendous on Saturday morning (a LOT of rounds were bought in the Royal Exchange).

Flying Dog - The Truth. Strong as fook but a lovely beer. Cool artwork on the bottle as well.

Flying Dog - The Truth. Strong as fook but a lovely beer. Cool artwork on the bottle as well.
Had much of their stuff, Lycan? I see them a lot but (unlike you) detest the branding and so haven't sampled any.

...detest the branding...

Truth_WEB.jpg

Looks pretty cool to me.

Reminds me too much of the old artwork for Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark books.

Those things fucked me up.

Truth_WEB.jpg

Looks pretty cool to me.

Any beer with Ralph Steadman on the label has to be good!
They will have paid top dollar for his services too, he is one of the most famous artists in the World after illustrating Hunter S Thompsons books.

Had much of their stuff, Lycan? I see them a lot but (unlike you) detest the branding and so haven't sampled any.

First time trying one, liked it a lot. Branding seems pretty similar to Brewdog really, right down to the pompous spiel on the side of the bottle. That sort of thing doesn't usually bother me though.

Back