• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Indeed. However, surprisingly, I detest drinking ale at home (I just do not enjoy it)! It would be of absolutely no use to me whatsoever.

I used to have a decent selection of beer at home pretty much all the time but I very rarely have any at home any more. Not quite sure why as I do enjoy it. Probably because I didn't enjoy being at home until the ex-wife left and I just haven't got out of that mindset yet with certain things.

I'll always enjoy pubs more though.

Indeed. However, surprisingly, I detest drinking ale at home (I just do not enjoy it)! It would be of absolutely no use to me whatsoever.

I do not drink a lot at home, but I do like to have a decent ale to hand just in case...

The beers you get from BeerBods seem well suited to home drinking as they are usually independent brewers making in small batches for the bottle. They are usually either strong in ABV or packed full of flavour (or both) which doesn't lend itself ot a pub session moreso than a quiet drink at home.

I'm not disputing the product. I'm just stating that irrespective of this, they would be of no use to me. They just wouldn't be drunk.

Just enjoying a bottle of Norwegian Brown Ale. Lervig, Betty Brown. Very nice it is too.

First pint of Guiness in eight years or so last night. Will happily wait another eight for the next.

Just enjoying a bottle of Norwegian Brown Ale. Lervig, Betty Brown. Very nice it is too.

Love Norwegian traditionals. Just the right amount of smokiness.

Also, Queen are following the Iron Maiden trend and releasing a "Bohemian Lager".

Also, Queen are following the Iron Maiden trend and releasing a "Bohemian Lager".

I didn't know this - do you know who's brewing it?

The Elbow and - even better - Iron Maiden ales from Robinson's are excellent.

Though the word 'lager' doesn't fill me with confidence.

Looks like it'll be a Pilsner style which should help.

Brewed by RnR Brew Ltd. in Plzen, using three ingredients: Saaz hops, soft Czech water, and Moravian barley malt.

Sounds interesting if nothing else. Could be rather good or wholly forgettable.

full clicky

CIg9i61WIAEWYUF.png

Gone with green glass for that uber-European look, I s'pose.

Wychwood Brewery do a Status Quo beer - Piledriver (4.3%).
Three Floyds Brewery teamed up with Municipal Waste to make a stout called Toxic Revolution.
Marilyn Manson has a brand of Absinthe - Absinthe Mansinthe (66.6%).
Kiss (Kiss This) and Maynard James Keenan of Tool (Caduceus) have their own brands of wine.
Kerry King of Slayer is the co-owner of the Coldcock American Herbal Flavored Whiskey company.
Motorhead have wine (Shiraz, Sacrifice and Rosé), vodka (Vödka) and lager (Bastards).
Anthrax have a limited edition bourbon (Indians).
Mastodon teamed up with Signature Brew to produce Black Tongue Double Black IPA (8.3%). Signature Brew also have a some with Frank Turner (Believe - beer) and Enter Shikari (Sssnakepit - lager).

... and typically, I've tried neither of them :(

Now now, that's not very 2015. There are a lot of properly brewed independent craft lagers hitting the scene now.

"Hitting the scene"? Jeez, what a dork...

Now now, that's not very 2015. There are a lot of properly brewed independent craft lagers hitting the scene now.

To the Office Bullshit Bingo thread with you!

Speaking of properly brewed independent craft lagers, M&S have just started selling Fourpure - Pils and I've picked up a few cans for pre-drinks tonight. Bloody lovely they are.

Totally agree but do you really see a lager with the Queen branding being an independent craft lager, or a stockpile of weasel piss?

Back