• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Brilliant.

is your boss David Brent?

Hey if you can't beat 'em then join 'em.

Speaking of Jaipur it was invented by Martin Dickie (who co-founded BrewDog) whilst he worked at Thornbridge. Only found that one out yesterday, explains a lot!

Lol wtf are those job titles.

Finishing the job off with a few leeds Pale at the Garden Gate, Hunslet.

This weeks BeerBods is From The Notebook, Arctic Tern - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/from-the-notebook-arctic-tern/

585ed0235ede770b759338dded3df054.jpg

Some twitcher dude makes beer and names it after birds, and donates so much of his sales to conservation charities. Which is nice. The beer also sounds nice. A fairly strong IPA. Whilst I'm a big fan of floral citrus pale ale, I do like ale to have a degree of bitterness going down (like the wife) so this sounds right up my street:

Then you get the back end crossover of the Columbus bitter kick which is both rasping and pleasant .... It’s a little harsh on the first mouthful - but once I’m halfway down the glass, I’m lining up another one

Cool artwork too.

Once upon a time I would have totally put off by the 6% abv, but I really enjoy strionger ales these day. It's probably because my days of drinking 5-6 pints of an evening are long behind me! Aside from that, I tend to think they add an extra flavour to the beer, as well as the obvious ooomph!

Roll on 9pm.

Just found this review on YouTube:

WTF is this guy ona bout? I think he's got dellusions of grandieur tbh. Either that or he's pissed.

I've seen some of his reviews before, not great.

Arbor Half Day IPA.

American style IPA. 5.2%.

Nice enough but not one I'd be rushing to have again.

Arctic Tern is nice. Pretty solid American style IPA. A bit thin for 6% though.

Arctic Tern is nice. Pretty solid American style IPA. A bit thin for 6% though.

I'm really enjoying it. Big bitterness all the way through, with just a hint of citrus. Nice sweet caramel malt coming through about halfway into the pint.

I'm really enjoying it. Big bitterness all the way through, with just a hint of citrus. Nice sweet caramel malt coming through about halfway into the pint.

It gets better as it warms up in your hand (fnarr), fucktons of pine and orange pith. Got almost everything you want from a nice strong IPA. Still think it's got a bit of a flimsy feel to it though.

I don't think I'd enjoy as much it any stronger tbh.

Started off very bitter, it's like a different pint towards the end. From bitter to sweet with lime and orange a constant in the background.

Had a few good beers in BD Shoreditch tonight.

Stone - go to IPA
Siren - Mosaic
And one called hop fever but can't remember the brewer.

It's a good one. Bitter hoppy beer but it's really well balanced. I don't think you'll be disappointed, I could have drank it all night no problem!

It was my second Stone IPA and they have both been awesome.

Back