• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

First half FA Cup beer - Pale Ale Citra Simcoe by The Kernal Brewery London.

Beers drunk this weekend:

Shere Drop from the Surrey Hills Brewery. Not bad.
Proper Job from St Austell - really nice golden beer. Very easy summer drinking!
Yakima Red from Meantime - pretty good as American style beers brewed in England go.

Got my first BeerBods delivery today, looking forward to Thursday now. :pint2:

Awesome! Did you use the referral code?

What did you get?

All sorts! Quite fun opening the box and looking through them. This weeks is Yakima IPA - Great Heck. Stronger than I'd usually go for at 7.4% but I suppose half the idea is to try beers I wouldn't normally get the chance to.

This week's ale:

Great Heck Brewery, Yakima IPA - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/great-heck-brewery-yakima-ipa/

Yakima-Valley-banner.jpg

Awesome label!

It's a strong'un. 7.4% American style IPA. Very balanced, with all the hops added at the end of the boil to temper the bitterness. Looking forward to it.

Oh and the guy who makes it is called Denzil Valance, which it the coolest name I've heard in a while :D

Very steampunk innit

Had a couple of crackers last night.

Butcombe Great Grey Owl and Bristol Beer Factory's Seven.

The Great Grey Owl was tremendous.

This week's ale:

Great Heck Brewery, Yakima IPA

If we whispered “toffee apples” while you drink it you will see what we mean.

Totally bizarre! I love it. Right at the front of your tongue.

Very strong though. It was advertised as 'dangerously drinkable' and it's just about that but the more I have the more I like it.

You Brits must be really used to 4%-5% beers. I barely drink anything lower than 7.5%.

Hahahaha yeah that did sound a little braggy. Not meant as such.

Totally bizarre! I love it. Right at the front of your tongue.

Very strong though. It was advertised as 'dangerously drinkable' and it's just about that but the more I have the more I like it.

Woah - You're an hour early!

It's a fucking beauty, this one. Love it. Wish I had another :pint2:

Back