• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Went to Pure again earlier.

Mad Goose was beautiful.

One of my all time favourites.

Last night's beer was beautiful. So many powerful flavours; sweet citrussy marmalade, and sharp, bitter grapefruit hops somehow balanced with enough malt and alcohol to really deliver without overpowering. Defo in my top 3 beer bods beers.

In no particular order:

Little Beer Corporation, Little Wild
Compass Brewery, Isis Pale
Fyne Ales, Jarl

Coming close but not quite making it to the top 3 are:

Hillside Brewery, Over The Hill
Orkney Brewery, Dark Island
Drygate Brewing, Galdeye IPA

However, probably beating all of those was a bottle I picked up in Sainsbury's Harbour Brewing IPA

Hopefully my next 12 Beerbods ales will arrive in time for next Thursday - it's a lovely little routine I've got now :D

Looks like Pure are coming to Nottingham too which is both brilliant and tragic!

There are plenty of great beers down in this neck of the woods beyond the average stuff that gets churned out by Skinners and Sharps etc but it can be pretty difficult to get your hands on. Too many of the local pubs stick with Doombar, Butcombe, Gem etc when there's a multitude of great beer in the area which is a great shame.

Cotleigh, Cheddar Ales, Exmoor Ales, Yeovil Ales, Glastonbury Ales, Forge (had a few too many from them at a beer festival in Ilfracombe and they were beautiful) are all fantastic from the south Somerset/Devon area.

Bristol is going absolutely bonkers for real ale at the moment and there are places opening up relentlessly. Bristol Beer Factory, Wiper and True and Arbor Ales are all wonderful, wonderful breweries who have a big presence in the city now. I'd recommend keeping an eye out for them if you can. Wiper and True are particularly good!

There are plenty of great beers down in this neck of the woods beyond the average stuff that gets churned out by Skinners and Sharps etc but it can be pretty difficult to get your hands on. Too many of the local pubs stick with Doombar, Butcombe, Gem etc when there's a multitude of great beer in the area which is a great shame.

Cotleigh, Cheddar Ales, Exmoor Ales, Yeovil Ales, Glastonbury Ales, Forge (had a few too many from them at a beer festival in Ilfracombe and they were beautiful) are all fantastic from the south Somerset/Devon area.

Bristol is going absolutely bonkers for real ale at the moment and there are places opening up relentlessly. Bristol Beer Factory, Wiper and True and Arbor Ales are all wonderful, wonderful breweries who have a big presence in the city now. I'd recommend keeping an eye out for them if you can. Wiper and True are particularly good!

Devon/Somerset is much better for ale than Cornwall which is a bit of a desert! I actually really like Butcome - memories of the Bimble Inn at Glasto. From my experience, it just seems to be Cornwall that suffers.

Butcombe is nice - it's just absolutely everywhere down here so I like to try something different. Their Rare Breed is very good though.

I had a Yeovil Ales - Posh IPA before the Boro away game, was quite nice IIRC.

I've seen Exmoor Gold knocking around this neck of the woods a few times. Decent pint, from what I remember.

One of my all time favourites.

Last night's beer was beautiful. So many powerful flavours; sweet citrussy marmalade, and sharp, bitter grapefruit hops somehow balanced with enough malt and alcohol to really deliver without overpowering. Defo in my top 3 beer bods beers.

:D

Any chance you could video and youtube your tastings Machin? Each time I read one of your reviews (which i enjoy BTW) I get a vision of Jilly Goolden in my head and it needs to stop!

It wouldn't have made good viewing yesterday! Grumpy wife, crying 3 month old and a great deal of tension in the air whilst I was trying to have "my time" with my beer :icon_lol:

It'd be rude not to call in at some point in that case....

Meh - bring her along - it'll help her de-stress.

Teach her how to brew beer and pass it off as Chemistry revision.

It wouldn't have made good viewing yesterday! Grumpy wife, crying 3 month old and a great deal of tension in the air whilst I was trying to have "my time" with my beer :icon_lol:

That would've been brilliant.

It would have been amusing tbf. I'm sure at least Johnny and I would have felt your pain.

Back