• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I have been invited to a beer tasting event tomorrow afternoon. I am hoping there will be a few nice and previously not sampled ales on show.

Last night's Beer Bods selection was another from north of the border. Black Isle Brewery, Red Kite. A little out of the usual for Beer Bods as it was a malty amber ale, as opposed to the more common, and trendy, hoppy golden variety.

https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/black-isle-brewery-red-kite/

beer_6775.jpg

It was really nice. Fruitcake kind of flavour, but with a refreshing bitterness. It got nicer the more it went down (fnnar). Would definitely recommend as an alternative to the hoppy citrus ales that are so dominant at the moment.

Talking of which, I'm drinking a Harbour IPA tonight. One of the nicest bottled beers I've ever tasted. Citrussy, floral, but balanced by a hefty 5.2% kick. A hint of marizpan perhaps.... Annoyed that I only bought one of them! Available in Sainsbury's so I may grab a couple more in the near future.

80099-B-68x240.png

I love Red Kite Ale, got a couple in the fridge atm.

This Beer Bods thing my not be for you mate - preaching to the choir, me thinks.

Grabbing something really expensive to celebrate my final day of university (today). Don't know what yet, but expect a pic later!

Drinking Kelham Island Hippy Chick last night. Definitely puts hairs on your chest.

Moonlight by Arkells Brewery.

Not seen this one before, but good - light with a very smooth taste

Nowt wrong with that. I lived near Swindon for years, and Arkells just was sort of okay.

Back