• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I've just had a bottle of Bathams Best Bitter which has been in the freezer for 20 minutes. Bloody marvellous.

Tonights beerbods selection is a Mild (saaaaaay whut??!)

Hillside Brewery, Over The Hill - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/hillside-brewery-over-the-hill/

Sounds more like a fruity porter then your classic old man's pint in a dank Banks's pub that has the heaters on all year round.

online-shop-over-the-hill.jpg

Last week's Black IPA was pretty decent but I can't say I'm a huge fan of the style really. Not sure which, if any, boxes it ticks. A bit of an inbetween type of beer - not choclately or strong enough for a porter, not hoppy or bitter enough for a pale. I'll have to look out for, and try, a couple more to make sure though :D

Has anybody tried anything from the Wild Beer Co.?

I've just realised their brewery is in a tiny hamlet outside my village at home (they also make tremendous cheese) so I'd be interested to know if their stuff is any good, as I'll get a load in if so.

Name doesn't ring a bell I'm afraid.

Tonights beerbods selection is a Mild (saaaaaay whut??!)

Hillside Brewery, Over The Hill - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/hillside-brewery-over-the-hill/

Sounds more like a fruity porter then your classic old man's pint in a dank Banks's pub that has the heaters on all year round.

online-shop-over-the-hill.jpg

Last week's Black IPA was pretty decent but I can't say I'm a huge fan of the style really. Not sure which, if any, boxes it ticks. A bit of an inbetween type of beer - not choclately or strong enough for a porter, not hoppy or bitter enough for a pale. I'll have to look out for, and try, a couple more to make sure though :D

I know they're stupidly expensive for what they are but Brewdog - Liberine is by far the best Black IPA I've tried.

Thornbridge do a nice one as well. Can't remember what it's called. Raven something or other.

I'll keep an eye out for it, but I'm loathed to pay the prices that BrewDog charge. I don't like how they're trying to make their brand more elite and trendy than the competiton, regardless of how good (or bad) the beer might be - It's not the real ale way!

I don't like how they're trying to make their brand more elite and trendy than the competiton, regardless of how good (or bad) the beer might be - It's not the real ale way!

I'm with you on this one. The main issue I have with them is whilst some of their stuff is okay, it's absolutely nowhere near as nice as is made out. Going by my experiences in the Birmingham Brew Dog bar, you can get a much nicer ale for half the price mere yards away, and not have to put up with loads of rude, trendy kids getting in my way. I'm not a huge fan of the place.

Couple of pints of Abbeydale Moonshine tonight. Can never go wrong with that.

Tonight is the last beer from my beerbods subscription, but fear not, I have renewed :D

Little Beer Corporation, Little Wild - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/little-beer-corporation-little-wild/

image61-250x0.png

A Red IPA - again, WTF?!?

Sounds nice though. Citrussy, loads of hops but a malty balance and a kicking 5.9%

What I did like on their website is the spotify playist of the tunes they listened to whilst brewing that beer :icon_lol: http://littlebeer.co.uk/buy-beer/beer-ranges/core-range/little-wild

Most of this week has been spent sampling Cornish beer. St Austell's Tribute and Proper job have been excellent along with an Otter Brewery beer. The best one was a Boilers IPA, excellent stuff.

Proper Job is a nice pint. Thing I find with SW ale is that it never send to have a good head.

My sisters fella works at Marstons as a branding manager and keeps me sweet with donations of Beer :)

Have a couple of bottles of Old Peculiar for tonight usually have lighter tipples though like Enville, Holdens etc.

You can't have Jimmy McNulty on a beer thread though. The man drank Jamesons and Heineken.

Went to Pure again earlier.

Mad Goose was beautiful.

Trying Stone's new Ruination recipe tonight. Bit cautious, Ruination 1 was an iconic ale. Credit to them for having the courage to change it but definitely a risk.

Proper Job is a nice pint. Thing I find with SW ale is that it never send to have a good head.

True about lack of head (phnarr). They're mainly just far too malty and bland for my liking. St Austells are okay (Tribute and Proper Job are decent enough) but Skinners, Sharps and that ilk are really quite poor. I'd go for cider if I was in Cornwall and it was a choice of Skinners, Sharps or Cornish Rattler.

The best Cornish ale by a street is Spingos. But it's only found in Helston - a microbrewery called the Blue Anchor. That's really rather nice.

Indeed, I know a sub forum that it would be truly appreciated in..... I think Langers is missing PTG.

I'm actually not missing it at all! Thought I would be but I've broken the addiction well and truly!

Went to Pure again earlier.

Mad Goose was beautiful.

Pure is a brilliant place. Ales superbly kept. The food is good in there too.

Back