• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Just had a pint of Bonks's in the Lamplighter, St Helier. Swiftly followed by a Young's London Gold.

My wife's friends husband runs his own brewing company (Fownes Brewing Company). Apparently they are selling some of their ales at The Waggon in Stourbridge. I've never tried any of their beers so would be interested to know if they are any good or not.

My wife's friends husband runs his own brewing company (Fownes Brewing Company). Apparently they are selling some of their ales at The Waggon in Stourbridge. I've never tried any of their beers so would be interested to know if they are any good or not.

Oooh - I have actually tried a couple of those in The Weavers in Kiddy (thoroughly recommended pub). One is called Frost Hammer (an IPA) and was very tasty indeed. I gave it 4/5 on UnTappd so that's a decent indicator!

Thanks for the heads up Dan - I'll see if I can sample some the next time I'm in the Waggon (probably Sunday).

Langers is to ale, what T-Dog is to 90s indie.

I think that's a compliment..? :icon_lol:

I actually remember T-Dan mentioning Fownes a few months back and when I had a couple of their beers, I recall remembering the name, but not where I remembered it from!

I think that's a compliment..? :icon_lol:

I actually remember T-Dan mentioning Fownes a few months back and when I had a couple of their beers, I recall remembering the name, but not where I remembered it from!

You clearly didn't have enough of said ale if you can remember it.

Oooh - I have actually tried a couple of those in The Weavers in Kiddy (thoroughly recommended pub). One is called Frost Hammer (an IPA) and was very tasty indeed. I gave it 4/5 on UnTappd so that's a decent indicator!

Thanks for the heads up Dan - I'll see if I can sample some the next time I'm in the Waggon (probably Sunday).

Good to hear positive things about their beers, I'll have to try one when I get a chance. James Fownes also has an AWESOME beard (or at least he did last time I saw him).

You winge about Doombar more than DW does Doherty.

Technically not beer, but made by the same process... Is there a komboucha market in the UK?

I've tried Doombar. I'm not an ale drinker but even I thought it was meh. Not much of a particular flavour and just, well meh.

Meh, yeah, I agree but it's not the worst pint in world. That accolade belongs to Deuchars.

Back