• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

tumblr_nmmgeaHzND1s5ivuoo1_540.jpg

This bad boy's been aged for three years, and it's the last of its kind in North Carolina. Lucky me!

The label is on backwards!

Sorry, I'm drinking cans of Stella tonight.

I am Mr Philistine. :nod::nod::

tumblr_nmmgeaHzND1s5ivuoo1_540.jpg

This bad boy's been aged for three years, and it's the last of its kind in North Carolina. Lucky me!

James Henry, James Henry, he goes by the name of James Henry...

Dead ringer!

Yesterday I was just over the border into Wales on a trip for the father-in-law's birthday and we went to the Radnorshire arms in Beguildy (I can heartily recommend the place if you are ever in that area). Ludlow Gold in there was utterly majestic. Beautiful pint.

Yesterday I was just over the border into Wales on a trip for the father-in-law's birthday and we went to the Radnorshire arms in Beguildy (I can heartily recommend the place if you are ever in that area). Ludlow Gold in there was utterly majestic. Beautiful pint.
It is indeed.

Lucky bastard. They don't even make that beer anymore! Sounds incredible, to be honest.

I've not had that one yet, but I've tried some of its sisters brews; you'll not be disappointed.

Tonight's beer is a powerhouse. An 8.5% Beligian Tripel style golden ale from Wales, or sutin - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/celt-experience-ogham-oak/

Every week you post these I'm more and more tempted to get a crate from these guys but looking at the next two weeks (Orkney - Dark Island & Black Isle - Red Kite Ale) those are two beers I can pick up from Tesco any time I want. They're both nice beers but seeing as I can get them for £1.65 I'd feel a little bit peeved having to pay £3 per bottle or whatever it works out as on that site.

Yeah, it's £3 a bottle. It's been worth it overall and I think you do get decent value as most of the beers I've had so far are one's I've not seen or sometime even heard.

That one last night was immense. Really complex. Orangey, spicy, sweet and bitter with a certain whiskey type quality to it. Only a 300ml bottle, but you could feel the effect almost straight away!

New Co Op opened round the corner.

Cracking selection of ales picked up a Hobsons town crier and a Danebridge IPA

I was drinking it in the Augustiner beer hall in Munich, so it's probably not quite as good from the bottle!
Munich is my top city for beer drinking. Oktoberfest is awesome.

Had a chance to crack open a bottle of my favorite brew last night. If you're ever in a craft store and see Burton Baton by Dogfish Head, you'd do yourself a disservice by not picking it up.

Half English ale aged in vanilla casks, half American imperial pale ale, 100% incredible.

Back