• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Britain and Europe are equally culpable, tbf.

I suppose that's equally likely, though we don't get many foreign macros here (hence my ignorance of them).

Carling, Carlsberg, Heineken, Stella Artois to name a couple.

There are some craft/real/non-carbonated lagers cropping up now, mostly at beer festivals as opposed to the pubs though.

Augustiner_Muenchen_Lagerbier_Hell_05l.JPG

Tonight's beer has a very cool bottle.

Augustiner is the best lager I've ever had. Absolutely glorious stuff.

Carling, Carlsberg, Heineken, Stella Artois to name a couple.

There are some craft/real/non-carbonated lagers cropping up now, mostly at beer festivals as opposed to the pubs though.

We do get plenty of Heineken and Stella, that's fair. Carlsberg you have to look very hard for, and Carling we don't have.

Other macros off the top of my head... Newcastle, Guinness, Amstel, Baltika, Peroni, Kronenbourg, Foster's, Kirin, Sapporo... That's pretty much it that I can think of. And I'm pretty sure most of those are tied up with one of the big American macros. Coors owns Carling IIRC.

Augustiner is the best lager I've ever had. Absolutely glorious stuff.

It's pretty nice, without being anything that special. Probably one of the nicest lagers, but I'd much rather have a golden citrussy ale.

We do get plenty of Heineken and Stella, that's fair. Carlsberg you have to look very hard for, and Carling we don't have.

Other macros off the top of my head... Newcastle, Guinness, Amstel, Baltika, Peroni, Kronenbourg, Foster's, Kirin, Sapporo... That's pretty much it that I can think of. And I'm pretty sure most of those are tied up with one of the big American macros. Coors owns Carling IIRC.

AB-InBev probably owns the rest!

I was drinking it in the Augustiner beer hall in Munich, so it's probably not quite as good from the bottle!

I was drinking it in the Augustiner beer hall in Munich, so it's probably not quite as good from the bottle!

Yeah, stands a good chance!

Shepherd's Crook, Everard's Tiger, Wainwright's, GK IPA and Arkel's at the Lord Moon of the Mall.

Nabbed a couple of Norwegian brews to satisfy me over the weekend... I do so love what our Norsk brethren can ferment.

We are getting more and more different ales here in sweden, i like that

I'm surprised we get more Norwegian and Danish (we get tons of Danish) beers than Swedish beers (of which we get almost none).

Aren't the shipping and alcohol taxes in Sweden much lower than the other two?

Don't think I've ever even seen a Swedish beer.

I mean we are importing more and more ale, sorry for being unclear..we are brewing more and more beer and ale ourselves that is decent quality, i bet it will get abroad in the not too distant future..we have a lot of local small breweries also

Cool. Make sure you let us know of some good one's mate.

We have 838 different beers in sweden, strange none is exported

Back