• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Bottled Jaipur is immense. Nice aroma, good taste and at 5.9% you certainly know you've had one.

Picked up some Guinness today based entirely on how it looks when you pour the damn thing. The effect the nitrous has on the head is mesmerizing. Not the best brew in the world (we get Canada's output rather than the authentic Irish product) but it drinks easily enough.

Heard a lot of good things about Enville Ale on here but just had a pint in Posada and I hated it.

Heard a lot of good things about Enville Ale on here but just had a pint in Posada and I hated it.

Probably a bad pint. If it's bad it's horrendous and somehow tastes eggy sometimes! I can't believe you wouldn't enjoy a decent pint of it, going by what you think of Holdens and Bathams.

Fortunately, there are quite a few pubs near me that serve a brilliant pint of it.

The Posada is a great pub (as a building), but the beer is inconsistent.

Update: I am currently enjoying said brew at the Grain Loft in Manchester T1. 4.5*!

Last edited:
coaleition.jpg

Oh dear. I'm not sure if I could get over the embarrassment of having it in my shopping basket to sample if it is any good.

I would do, just so I could spew it back up again.

#bulimiaatitsbest

Curious Porter is today's Beer Bods offering. Dark and smoooooooth. Subtle roasted coffee balanced with sweetness. Almost like a red wine! At 4.4% it's not a "punch you in the face" porter, which is a good thing for me.

beer_59861.jpg

It's like a vanilla coffee wine...

This talk of beer is just wrong. I cannot drink at the moment, but my time will come...

Low gravity porters and stouts just seem backward to me.

Explain yourself, Alan...

There's nothing wrong with them, per se, it's just that my first exposures to both styles were huge beers, pushing double digit ABVs. So in a sense that's sort of been the bar I measure them all against. The lower the ABV on a "dark" beer like that, the less taste the tend to have for me. Just personal preference.

Anywho I've snagged another Norwegian beer (Nøgne Ø's Imperial Rye Porter) to get my fix. Hope it's as good as the last Norwegian I picked up.

And what was her name?

Karin!

Seriously, though, it was The Hand Brewery's Dark Force (aged three years to boot).

Allowed to drink again. So a glass of forty niner will require my attention very shortly.

I like Wainwright but my question is what do others feel about larger breweries snapping up popular beers from other smaller brewers? Part of the fun in visiting new places is to sample the different ales that you find. What I wouldn't like to see is that more places around the country end up selling the same brands in their outlets.

Back