• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Disagree with that - they had Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby on yesterday. Awesome pint (though I didn't have one as its 6%, a bit strong for a pre match tipple).

Went to the Robin Hood in Amblecote after the game. A GEM. They had Bathams, Holdens, Enville, Kinver and Ma Pardoes ales on all at the same time. Sampled a fair few of them, beautifully kept.
That the one on Collis Street?

Had a three year old Dark Force from Haandbryggeriet (Norway) last night. Possibly the best brew I've ever had and really put me on my ass, to boot.

I've been enjoying american swill all weekend. Yuengling lite is fantastic.

Young's Bitter, Twickenham's Naked Ladies and St Austell Tribute in The Grand Junction.

You can't tar them all with the same brush, t3ch - Jaipur's an IPA and is SUPERB (and if you don't believe me, Langers will be along in a minute to confirm!).

Yes I can, check this out-- "All IPA's are awful horrible disgusting beers"

Pretty easy, mate.

The Gladeye IPA I had last week was beautiful, and i'm not a fan or IPAs. Deuchers is one of my least favourite beers in the world. Not a fan of Greene King either.

You could call me a beer fan who hates beer, as I find the the taste of hops quite awful. I love stouts, lager, and lites... normally don't care for much else. Of all the beers I've tried, I've only genuinely enjoyed maybe 1 in 5; and I've tried a TON. I can't tell you how many variety 6-packs I've bought with all sorts of seasonals and styles from micro's and large distribution alike, from all over the world.

Anything too hoppy or too high in alcohol content simply makes my taste buds jump out of my head. I wish I could enjoy it since there's so much available to give a go, and lord knows I've tried, but I've thrown in the towel.

You could call me a piss-poor fan of beer, I just really hate the taste of hops. I love stouts, lager, and lites... can't drink too much else though. anything too hoppy or too high in alcohol content makes my taste buds jump out of my head.

I'm with you on the hops thing, tastes like someone's finished the pint off with a couple of sprays of perfume or air freshener.

Saltaire Pride is this evening's Beer Bods ale. Ticks a lot of boxes for me. Amber ale, low abv (3.9%), citrus and bitter.
Anyone had it before?

I'll let you know how it tastes.

Someone gave me 2 Belgian beers today.
Mc Chouffe @ 8% & Cuvee Edu Chateau @ 11%!

No idea what they are like, but given the % probably a good idea that they are not large bottles

Fucking Hell, that's at least $16 worth. Those brews are mighty pricy.

Fucking Hell, that's at least $16 worth. Those brews are mighty pricy.

Just trying the 'weaker' one @ 8%

Not bad - bit heavy though a good aroma & taste, suspect you wouldn't want many before your legs started to go. If they are that pricy then not sure they are worth the extra

They're not true trappist beers IIRC but are brewed in that tradition and so can ask pretty much whatever price they please.

Libertine Black Ale in the Brewdog in Edinburgh. £4.20 for a 2/3 pint but its fookin gorgeous.

You could call me a beer fan who hates beer, as I find the the taste of hops quite awful. I love stouts, lager, and lites... normally don't care for much else. Of all the beers I've tried, I've only genuinely enjoyed maybe 1 in 5; and I've tried a TON. I can't tell you how many variety 6-packs I've bought with all sorts of seasonals and styles from micro's and large distribution alike, from all over the world.

Anything too hoppy or too high in alcohol content simply makes my taste buds jump out of my head. I wish I could enjoy it since there's so much available to give a go, and lord knows I've tried, but I've thrown in the towel.

I think you will find that stout contains a large proportion of hops to maintain balance.
Beer by definition requires hops notably for preservation, in centuries past there were protests against the use of hops in ale.

Back