• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Recognise a few of those caps. Orkney brewery and Black Isle brewery are always good.

Does Cradley High Street really need another pub?

The answer to that is good god yes. Have you ever walked down Cradley High Street?

The answer to that is good god yes. Have you ever walked down Cradley High Street?

Been a few years but yes, hence my comment. I never said the ones they had were any good. I just don't see the need to convert a shop into another pub. Why not just take over/re-open a rubbish one?

In other news, Black Metal Brewery expands across the UK:

Estonian based in Scotland says his 6% beers are like heavy music: “True in taste and spirit, uncompromised in quality and strength”

The owner of a brewery that seeks to blend beer with heavy music says his first three products are like the release of a band’s EP – and a full album of drinks will follow.

Estonian-born Jaan Ratsep is co-founder of the Edinburgh-based Black Metal Brewery. They’ve launched three ales – Yggdrasil, a pale ale at 6%ABV, the juniper-infused Will-O’-The-Wisp at 6.6% and rye stout Blood Revenge at 6.6%.

Black Metal Brewery drinks are receiving positive reviews from real ale fans, and the stout has already won a newspaper award. They're on sale across Scotland and the north of England, with distribution in the south about to be confirmed.

Ratsep tells TeamRock: “I like to compare the beers to our first EP – we have a liquid sound check. We hope to expand the range later to become a full album release.

“Demand for our beers, staying on the band theme, is like people asking for specific songs at a gig.”

The firm started 18 months ago on a farm outside Edinburgh before launching officially from premises nearer the city.

Ratsep – who plays guitar in a band – sees a strong connection between beer and metal. He says: “Both have got to be bold, true in taste and spirit, and uncompromised in quality and strength.

“Through the history of mankind, music and drink went hand-in hand. Metal music and beer are inseparable. And so-called ‘extreme’ metal calls for appropriate brews.”

While he says some beers are contract-made for a band to add its label, his are different. “Black Metal Brewery was born listening to metal, and with the character and passion for both music and fermentation. BMB produces real craft ale, brewed by metal folk for metal folk – and lovers of good beer in general.”

Talks are underway for the drinks to be sold at festivals this summer, including Bloodstock. Rasep says of his products: “Yggdrasil is named after the World Tree of Nordic cosmology. Will-o'-the-Wisp is full-bodied with a slightly smoky flavour that lures you into the void. Blood Revenge quenches one's mighty lust for mercilessness.

“I’d never sell a beer I didn't like myself. Behold thy drink and hail the ale!”

Source
Black Metal Brewery

My first 12 beers arrive tomorrow and this Thursday's tipple is Gladeye IPA by Drygate.

Anyone had it?

Absolutely bloody lovely. Very well balanced levels of sweet caramel, crisp citrus, hoppy bitterness and malt to round it all off. You get a good kick from the 5.5% too. Would be ace from a cask in the pub :D

Rooster's YPA. It was certainly better than the Goose Eye Barm Pot.

pabstblueribbon.png

No fucking Bathams in the Western! Black Country Bitter was a worthy substitute though.

Mainly drinking Sweetwater 420 and IPA with a Jailhouse Misdemeanor thrown in for good measure this past week. American craft brews are pretty good.

Blue Ribbond was worse than XXXX

No fucking Bathams in the Western! Black Country Bitter was a worthy substitute though.

Seems to be the case on match days. It was on last time I was in, the day after the Brighton game. To be honest I find the place trending to ordinary in recent years, it doesn't have it's 1988 WOW factor anymore.

Disagree with that - they had Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby on yesterday. Awesome pint (though I didn't have one as its 6%, a bit strong for a pre match tipple).

Went to the Robin Hood in Amblecote after the game. A GEM. They had Bathams, Holdens, Enville, Kinver and Ma Pardoes ales on all at the same time. Sampled a fair few of them, beautifully kept.

Seems to be the case on match days. It was on last time I was in, the day after the Brighton game. To be honest I find the place trending to ordinary in recent years, it doesn't have it's 1988 WOW factor anymore.
Occasionally it happens pre-match. Bathams usually on after the game for the regulars.

Disagree with that - they had Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby on yesterday. Awesome pint (though I didn't have one as its 6%, a bit strong for a pre match tipple).

Went to the Robin Hood in Amblecote after the game. A GEM. They had Bathams, Holdens, Enville, Kinver and Ma Pardoes ales on all at the same time. Sampled a fair few of them, beautifully kept.

I would certainly have enjoyed a Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby had I been there, and full marks to them for having it on.

Back