• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Flying Dogs Pearl Necklace. Far too strong.

Off to the Robinsons Brewery tomorrow for my birthday treat. Anyone been before?

Off to the Robinsons Brewery tomorrow for my birthday treat. Anyone been before?

Yep.
Some time ago mind you, but I lived in Davenport, a westerly suburb of Stockport, adjacent to Hazel Grove.
Turn right at the main road at the top of my road, and there were about 17 pubs and I think 16 of them were Robbie's.
Later on I used to stay at a friend's house and she was the PA to the owner.
It's a really old brewery, lots of cobble stones inside it and a really old building in the heart of Stockport.
I been inside it but never on an official 'Factory Tour'. Hope you get a couple of free pints. It's nice enough.
If you avoid the creamflow rubbish.

Robinsons is excellent. Unicorn is my favourite of their beers but Trooper is worth a try as well.

It's the missus's sister that lives up there, so we often pop to a Robinsons pub. Lovely beer, just not sure what to expect from a brewery tour. Free samples hopefully :D

I never got round to visiting the Robbos brewery.

Mind you, I have been round the Bathams brewery - and you can't book that so I'm one of the privileged few. Manning the ACTUAL Bathams tap underneath the brewery was awesome. The best pint of beer I have ever had.

Dancing Duck - Abduction IPA

Soothing on a Friday lunchtime

Half a gallon of Ludlow Brewery's "Stairway" (highly recommend) has led to a phenomenally unproductive Friday.

Sampled the odd schooner or two of James Squire's Chancher which is a golden beer and One Fifty Lashes which is a Pale. Both very enjoyable and a welcome change to the usual fizzy Aussie piss.

A little tipple for tonight...

1509243_10203820679457111_3810446411152747124_n.jpg

Oh, and these

10929127_10203820674656991_4538154850896116379_n.jpg

The Mead is for the wife!

Vibrant Forest - Pale Ale Citra tasting bloody good in the Western.

Never had it before.

Back