• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I think you will find that stout contains a large proportion of hops to maintain balance.
Beer by definition requires hops notably for preservation, in centuries past there were protests against the use of hops in ale.

I don't think for a second that t3ch was suggesting that he prefers beer with no hops. That's just a silly thing to infer from that.

Even though hops are involved in all brewing (generally speaking), it's a nonsense to suggest that stouts and, say, pale ales should be thought of similarly based only on their hop content when the finished products are so wildly different.

I don't think for a second that t3ch was suggesting that he prefers beer with no hops. That's just a silly thing to infer from that.

Even though hops are involved in all brewing (generally speaking), it's a nonsense to suggest that stouts and, say, pale ales should be thought of similarly based only on their hop content when the finished products are so wildly different.

I was being pedantic, tc3h was himself aware of the contradiction in what he posted. Personally I appreciate the qualities of hops.

I was certainly aware of that point, but I also assumed we'd all be on the same page when I said I don't like the hoppy taste of IPA's versus something like stouts or lagers, and how a strong hop taste is not my favorite.

Had a stout this morning before switching to fresh pressed margaritas. :)

I was certainly aware of that point, but I also assumed we'd all be on the same page when I said I don't like the hoppy taste of IPA's versus something like stouts or lagers, and how a strong hop taste is not my favorite.

Had a stout this morning before switching to fresh pressed margaritas. :)
Seems like that would be common sense, but who knows.

Got some Burton Baton from Dogfish Head. Probably my favorite hoppy beer.

World Beer Map of favourites

image.jpg

so basically everywhere has crap taste

though I really like red stripe, Singha isn't bad as far as asian lagers go, and even though i prefer dos equis, a corona with lime is not awful on a really hot day

That whole list is garbage. I used to live in Canada and Molson is easily the most popular beer, closely followed by Labatts.
And in Spain it's Mahou or Estrella

This weeks BeerBods ale sounds awesome - Fyne Ales, Jarn

Golden Ale, which I love; Citra hops, which I love; 3.8%, which I love :D

But the stars of the show are those hops which offer up incredibly refreshing grapefruit and kiwi fruit flavour and aromas with just enough citrus bitterness to make you come back begging for more.

Thirsty.....

This weeks BeerBods ale sounds awesome - Fyne Ales, Jarn

Golden Ale, which I love; Citra hops, which I love; 3.8%, which I love :D

Thirsty.....

Well, that did not disappoint. Bloody lovely, citrussy, bitter and sweet. Tastes way stronger than the 3.8% and would be amazing on a sunny afternoon. Fyne Ales Jarl - find it if you can.

Just got 2 x UBU and 2 x Mad Goose in for tonight

Just got 2 x UBU and 2 x Mad Goose in for tonight

Not too keen on UBU from the bottle. Plenty of places round here (as in work) serve it on draft and it really is top notch and as a result the bottled version no longer floats my boat.

I think you're probably spoilt then Sniffer!

4 for £5 from ASDA does the trick though.

Back