• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

$#@!'s sake!!
I bought the last large bottle (660 mls) in Tesco yesterday for when I come off these awful antibiotics which for the last 3 weeks have given me a continuous metallic taste in my mouth, (not heavy metal but certainly not C&Western either!!).
Can't wait to drink some decent beer! That bottle by the way, Tesco rob you of €6.39 for a bottle. Robbing bastards, I hope they go to the wall.

Asda aren't in Ireland, although I can get to Aldi in Eniskillen in about 2.5 hours!!

Seems a bit extreme...

No Aldi in Northern Ireland WH, Enniskillen has big Asda and Tesco stores. Asda Newry (Kilkeel) is probably the nearest to you in the North.

Rocking Rudolph in Aldi for 99p a bottle is very quaffable for the price.

Had an Innis & Gunn Canadian Cherrywood on Saturday and didn't take to it at all. Far too sweet for my liking.

The Cherrywood one is definitely a lot sweeter than the original.

They didn't have any in my local Aldi when i checked the weekend anyway, not one close enough to work for me to be arsed to pop and look at lunch time either. :(

They're in special giftboxes, so they're harder to spot. They've been in with all the festive selection stuff in the two stores I've been in to.

There isn't a very big beer selection in the one closest to us, it's not a particularly big store to be fair so perhaps they just don't stock it, there's another one over towards Wolverhampton from mine but i don't think i've really got any cause to head that way so depends if i can be bothered to make a special journey.

Then again, apparently people start going home from here about 10am on Christmas Eve so might make a trip to one of the Aldi's up here more tempting so i can get a little more out of a 100 mile round trip rather than just 90 minutes in work doing fuck all.

I have just broken into my selection box of world beers that my wife bought me for Christmas and I'm currently enjoying an Easy IPA from the Flying Dog brewery in Maryland. The only two in the box I've heard of are Jaipur, which I've had before and Founders IPA which was recommended on here.

Founders is world class in everything they do. You shouldn't be disappointed by that.

Orkney - Red MacGregor on tap in my local last night. Awesome beer.

After an enforced laying over of an extra fortnight, my home brewed India Pale Ale fresh out of the fridge is just lovely.
Must take a bottle round to the Drummer on Saturday when we go to swop pressies....

After an enforced laying over of an extra fortnight, my home brewed India Pale Ale fresh out of the fridge is just lovely.
Must take a bottle round to the Drummer on Saturday when we go to swop pressies....

What was your recipe, mate?

Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby. I love Sarah Hughes :licklips:

What was your recipe, mate?

Sorry Alan, haven't looked at this thread for a few weeks, went to Tenerife on my Christmas Works do...

I've had 4 different ones, John Bull IPA, Munton's IPA, Brewmaker IPA and Coopers IPA.

Not much to tell between them really....

You must have left it in the car! You'll have to come back over!

Mr Trotters Great Chestnut Ale in celebration of todays match.

Good, but very nutty

Back