• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Any good beer places in Bournemouth? Going to need plenty after the journey down. Such a bastard of a place to get to.

Went there a month or so back and it's no ale Mecca, sadly. Though the big Asda by the train station had a very decent and cheap selection of bottled ales.

Had a few beers at the Allanwater Brewery after work tonight. Had a really nice Pale Ale and a gorgeous Lager + a few bottles of Czech Pot to take away.

Pitta if Steerage, Wreckage and Captain Smith's followed by a Slumbering Monk and something by the Newbridge brewery. Excellent stuff.

Do you lot have access to Stone Brewing over there?

Quite enjoyed the beer I had in the US. Stand out ones were the Founders Porter and the Lagunitas IPA.

Thornbridge- brother rabbit and Kent Brewery - Enigma in York tap + Jaipur IPA in sheff tap. All class.

Proper job and Worcester sorcerer in Tesco. 4 for £6.

Proper Job is a nice drop. Not had Sorcerer before though I don't think.

I've had it a couple of times - it's a nice one.

Off to Manchestet with the Mrs today for a night.

Going to do all the Christmas markets etc but could do with some pubs/bars to go to around the city centre as well?

Cheers folks

Went to a place called the Ale and Porter House (i think). A bit trendy/beardy but a cracking selection of ales. It was IPA week when I went so loads of bottled American IPAs as well as proper cask ones on tap. Fair to say I hadn't heard of 90% of what was on sale.

Few pints of Golden Glow this lunchtime in The Station, Codsall. Lovely to have a pint with some of fhe locals .

Innis & Gunn original is only £1.25 a bottle, 330ml, in Tesco at the moment, really can't complain at 4 for £5! Been in 3 different stores now though and none of them have got the seasonal Cherrywood one in stock, seems as though they might be changing the bottles from clear to brown glass too, doesn't look as nice. :(

Back