• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Alan, do all your bottled beers come in those little 330cl bottles or do you get the bigger ones nearly a pint?

Depends. We get a pretty huge mix of 12oz bottles, 12oz cans, 16oz cans, and 750mL bottles.

Not sure how the ounces converts. But I can say from experience that the beers we get imported from the UK come in an unusual (for us) in-between size.

Second interview for Brewdog today and it went well.

Got to wait a few weeks now, one step closer to living the dream of working in the craft industry!

Jaipur at The Grain Loft Manchester Airport T1. Superb even @£4.90!

Having replied to PPB in the 'questions' thread, I realised I haven't posted about Pure Bar in Brum yet.

Well worth a look - it's not the cheapest of places, but the food we had was glorious. I had a steak that was perfectly cooked - the staff were very friendly and as for the beer - best pint of Mad Goose I've ever had. I then went onto the UBU which again was top notch.

If you fancy a nice meal in a very friendly, trendy looking city centre bar that just so happens to sell proper beer, I thoroughly recommend it. Brewdog Bar isn't a patch on this place.

I doubt it's available in the UK but I've just picked up Sierra Nevada's Bourbon Barrel Aged Narwhal Stout. Ran me $25 for the bottle and comes in at a whopping 12.9% ABV!

Thornbridge - Wild Raven. Absolutely gorgeous, quality Black IPA. God bless America.

Just got a bottle of this after your recommendation. Will give it a try later.

Lovely beer. Really starting to get into American black ales, Brewdog - Libertine one of my favourites.

Lovely beer. Really starting to get into American black ales, Brewdog - Libertine one of my favourites.

American IPAs and Black IPAs are my favourite beers. Especially the keg ones.

Hops smacking you around the chops!

Glad you lot are enjoying some of our brews!

Just cracking open a bottle of Marston's Double Drop to go with the boxing, lovely beer

I was treated to a couple of bottles of Spitfire, which I might just sample this evening.

It's a pleasant enough tipple Frank. Personally I wouldn't go out of my way to drink it.

Had myself a couple of Naked Ladies during my tour of the 4 pubs of Griffin Park yesterday.

It's a pleasant enough tipple Frank. Personally I wouldn't go out of my way to drink it.

Agreed.

Last night we had a mini pub crawl around Stourbridge. Bathams Bitter, Enville Ale, Holdens Golden Glow. Top drawer.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417704419.236087.jpg

Bathams by the fire. Merry Thursday, forum-ites!

Before I opened the thread in Tapatalk, it previewed the end of the URL of the picture so it said '683 Bathams by the fire'. I was intrigued and am now mildly disappointed.

Back