• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I had a 'Backyard Blonde' at the Lychgate last night. I also had a Pig on The Wall and an Essington Blonde.

I know one of the owners/founders of Backyard Brewhouse, seems strange seeing their beers on tap in Wetherspoons and the like when i can remember him peddling them to colleagues around IKEA whilst they were still operating under the nose of the other brewery they worked for.

Quite like BCA's Pig on the Wall but it's been a while since I had one :(

Not keen on Pig on the Wall TBH. I love the Black Country Brewery's pubs, but their ales really aren't all that good. Their guest beers are normally a lot better.

Lycanthropist wasn't too keen on the Pig on the Wall either. It's the first time I have had it. It was ok, but I'm not too keen on mild even though this was 4.3%.

Lycanthropist wasn't too keen on the Pig on the Wall either. It's the first time I have had it. It was ok, but I'm not too keen on mild even though this was 4.3%.

It's actually my least favourite of their beers, but even their better ones can't compare to some of the guests they have on, some of which really are excellent.

In similar news, I went into The Woodman in Brum on Friday (right opposite Think Tank), had some food there too before we got the train back home. The beer is extremely well kept, and they also accept the Wetherspoons vouchers if you're a CAMRA member. The pub grub is very cheap considering it's a pub in the city centre - around £6-£9 for a decent main course. Friendly, helpful staff, rarely busy as it's slightly out of the way. I really recommend it.

Just supping an Anderson Valley Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale. ' Caramelized malty aroma, allspice, black licorice with a silky body and a clean malty finish '. Not sure I'm getting all that, but it is very nice indeed.

Anderson Valley are a bit overrated IMO but still a very decent brewery.

Had a Leeds Pale in LeedsWolf's local yesterday. Very nice beer. Followed by lots of crap lager with lemonade in it in a Wetherspoons. Not so nice. :(

Anderson Valley are a bit overrated IMO but still a very decent brewery.

That's the first time I've ever sampled one of theirs. Also tried a Wolavers Oatmeal Stout, which I didn't like at all.

Went out with the boss at work last night, ended up drinking a local brew from Ole Shed Beer Company. Excellent pale Ale!

Had a St. Mungo's lager from the Glasgow West brewery pre match and a Black Isle - Organic Blonde in the CBC whild waiting for my connection from Stirling to Dunblane.

I had several Love Over Gold by Brewery and Bad Co. last night. Most excellent.

Off out for a meal with the wife tonight at The Tithe Bar in Northallerton. Loads of different real ales to chose from so I'll report back tomorrow

Had a few Meantime - Yakima Red while watching the Blues game. Very good.

Had some Trumans Runner on Thursday in Stafford. Now I know jack shit about ales, so my review is: Very nice and I wish I could have stayed for more than 2.

Mumbles Gold and Lymestone Ein Stein in the Lych Gate after the match yesterday. Very tasty. Had me on my arse before dinnertime.

Back