• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (A) 21/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Gomes needs to chill. We're comfortable and we're winning. Our middle 3 are the only area of the team I'm confident in. We need them on the pitch.

Ooooh almost had another there, woulda been hilarious if rans block slowly went in

This setup is working today. It's still hard to see which of Lemina/Cunha/Andre is 9laying where as they are all moving around a lot.

JRB is staying further right, and Gomes is sitting in front of defence. Pretty fluid other than that though.
Working for now. Till they work it out and we tire. RAN ...unlucky.

Bellegarde now over on the left, with Cunha to the right.

Andre and Gomes seem to be man marking Onana and Rodgers whenever they venture forwards.

How the fuck is that handball when it is blasted from two feet? Wouldn't be given in the penalty area.

He’s not skilful enough and doesn’t have enough pace to be a winger. He’s not particularly strong - been muscled off the ball loads today. He’s not great in the air - he doesn’t have the passing range of, say Ruben Neves.

I just haven’t got a clue what he’s supposed to be. Definite weak link. I reckon Forbs with his natural pace would be a much better option, but I look forward to Gaz bringing ‘Channy’ on for him around the hour mark.

Back