• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (A) 17/8: Build-Up & Match Thread

Probably due more to the fact I’m not going this season but I’ve never been this apathetic towards the start of a season than this which is saying something considering I remember the seasons under Colin Lee.

Probably due more to the fact I’m not going this season but I’ve never been this apathetic towards the start of a season than this which is saying something considering I remember the seasons under Colin Lee.
Couple of wins in the first 3 matches will soon sort that out .

5 defeats in the first 5 and you'll be opening up threads with ' O' Neil Out ' !!

Not to worry - you'll be back on the horse soon enough .

Couple of wins in the first 3 matches will soon sort that out .

5 defeats in the first 5 and you'll be opening up threads with ' O' Neil Out ' !!

Not to worry - you'll be back on the horse soon enough .
Fair play if you think we'll get a couple of wins from our first three matches.

Arsenal (A)
Chelsea (H)
Forest (A)

Couple of wins in the first 3 matches will soon sort that out
We're playing Chelsea at home at the perfect time tbh. Preseason hasn't gone well for them, they keep making mistakes continually playing out from the back, and are very vulnerable to the high press from what I've read.

Hopefully Cunha will be fit and we'll give them a good game.

Forest and Brentford away are our best chances to pick up points in first 8 games. It could get very grim. Expectations should be adjusted (they won't, sack GO now).

I think Forest will be decent this season under Nuno.

Chelsea I'd agree with as Maresca seems to be struggling to get his ideas across.

Yeah I think Forest will be decent as well unfortunately. I still see it as a winnable game though, Semedo should be back by then, Cunha should be fit and hopefully a few more key signings.

Fair play if you think we'll get a couple of wins from our first three matches.

Arsenal (A)
Chelsea (H)
Forest (A)
I don't think that Johnny , I was simply responding to JD and giving two reasons why his mood might change very quickly .

My view : As I said yesterday , I have no idea where we are at . Arsenal might not tell us a whole pile either as they are likely to beat most teams at home by 2 goals or more .
Nuno is bound to have improved Forest with a pre season behind them now . Chelsea are Chelsea and at home won't be easily beaten unless we have a scorer on board .
It could get very grim very quickly , but I'll wait a few weeks before getting too concerned .

Last edited:
Has anybody had the Arsenal tickets posted yet. We are still to receive them ?

“Max Kilman leadership will be a massive miss for Wolves” not my words but the words of talkshite this morning.
Pls someone show me examples of leadership from Max, I can highlight numerous peices of lack of leadership ie the last 8 minutes of the FA cup QF when we needed a calm head but got a flustered bunch.

I’ve seen a lot of predictions that have us in and around the bottom 3. The super ‘opta’ computer has us in a relegation scrap.

It’s not a surprise really. Neto sold, Kilman sold, Strand Larsen/Rodrigo/Yerson unproven at this level - Cunha/Hwang all with sketchy injury records. 1 win in the last 10 games of last season wasn’t it?

I trust Gaz & I think we have some genuine quality in the squad that will keep us around mid table, but with a tough start and once again, lack of proper investment, I can see why people think we might struggle.

I’ve seen a lot of predictions that have us in and around the bottom 3. The super ‘opta’ computer has us in a relegation scrap.

It’s not a surprise really. Neto sold, Kilman sold, Strand Larsen/Rodrigo/Yerson unproven at this level - Cunha/Hwang all with sketchy injury records. 1 win in the last 10 games of last season wasn’t it?

I trust Gaz & I think we have some genuine quality in the squad that will keep us around mid table, but with a tough start and once again, lack of proper investment, I can see why people think we might struggle.
Interesting that you think it's just about buying players.

I don't disagree we need two quality players to have a competitive top half team but it isn't just about them or the existing players we have.

McNumpty predicted us to go down last season. He thinks we will be pretty well clear in 15th.

So either his predicting has improved or we are fucked.

I can understand the predictions, those predictions would change if/when we bring players in.

Back