• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
I don't think it's particularly a good thing to be closed minded to voting for other parties or more accurately only ever consider voting for one. I think you need a moral line even if it's never crossed. Mine was Iraq, I voted Lib Dem in 2005

I like Miliband and Balls on a personal level but refusing to properly challenge austerity in 2015 meant I didn't vote for them.

Never voting for Brexit Jez as I think he's a walloper, so no in 2017 and 2019.

All done from the comfort of an ultra-safe Tory seat at the time (one of the few where they'll still win tonight without having to remotely worry about it, bizarre stuff really given how much of a gimp Ower Gav is) and votes handed to the Greens.

If I lived then where I do now then I'd probably have held my nose as fuck having someone like Stuart bloody Anderson as your MP and it actually is a seat where a few votes either way can swing it.

I've found that at local levels, lib dems have often been really engaged and productive. often have voted for lib dems for councillors, but have voted for a different party for an mp.

I like Miliband and Balls on a personal level but refusing to properly challenge austerity in 2015 meant I didn't vote for them.

Never voting for Brexit Jez as I think he's a walloper, so no in 2017 and 2019.

All done from the comfort of an ultra-safe Tory seat at the time (one of the few where they'll still win tonight without having to remotely worry about it, bizarre stuff really given how much of a gimp Ower Gav is) and votes handed to the Greens.

If I lived then where I do now then I'd probably have held my nose as fuck having someone like Stuart bloody Anderson as your MP and it actually is a seat where a few votes either way can swing it.

Those 2 statements show a huge contradiction. Corbyn actively opposed austerity and a Corbyn government would have rolled back a huge amount of the harm done by austerity. Yet you didn't vote for him because he's a walloper? More fool you. You got the government you deserved for the last 5 years. If more people had voted on his manifesto instead of being gaslit by the media driven bullshit about him most of the carnage of the last 5 years would have been avoided and we might not be the actual mess we are now.

And I say this with no particular love the man himself, so before anyone comes in and blathers on about the Corbyn Cult, you can fuck right off with that nonsense. I say this based on the fact that he actually had a progressive manifesto that would have made the lives of millions of people a lot better. And I doubt he would have sentenced thousands of elderly people to death during Covid. Or supported a genocide in Palestine.

Typing 'don't say it's because of some Corbyn cult bollocks' doesn't actually preclude it from being Corbyn cult bollocks tbf

You got the government you deserved for the last 5 years.
Gavin Williamson won by majorities of 22,733 and 28,250 in South Staffordshire in 2017 and 2019. Pretty sure my vote was of no consequence.

My better half has just been to vote and there was a guy in the polling station saying that he couldn't find his Photo ID before coming out but still wanted to vote. They didn't let him and I wonder how many times this will be repeated across the country today?

My better half has just been to vote and there was a guy in the polling station saying that he couldn't find his Photo ID before coming out but still wanted to vote. They didn't let him and I wonder how many times this will be repeated across the country today?
over 14,000 were turned away from the local elections in May so there will be a LOT!

Voter suppression! Fuck the tories

over 14,000 were turned away from the local elections in May so there will be a LOT!

They were the ones that actually turned up and went inside. I think that if you had meet and greeters outside and didn't go in then it wasn't counted.
They'll be plenty who can't find their ID today and not bother going.

When we voted for the council/mayor in May, they gave my expired passport (with a photo from 2007) the most cursory of glances. Everyone knows it's such utter bullshit.

A very easy win to roll back in the first few months of Parliament, with the bonus of continuing to underline how batshit mental the actual Government was for years.

Just been to vote with San and Alfie and it was quite busy.

Looking at the people who were there (and some I know) it was the "good" kind of busy

I generally agree with a lot of things you say and have time for your posts. This is asinine and pathetic though.
It was just a bit of pith based on the predictability of *someone* piling in a mildly derogatory mention of saint jez. I'm not above pathetic, we all know that x

Boundary changes, voter ID, delayed postal ballots…they really have tried to gerrymander the election as best they can.

Hopefully Starmer scraps voter ID. He can give 16 & 17 year olds the vote too while he’s at it (which would mean my daughter could vote in the next GE!)

I dunno on the last one man. I don't think at 16 you know anything like enough. As Del pointed out earlier in the week, you get some scary spikes for the likes of Reform among that demographic, they aren't all lentil-eating woke bastards.

Arguably you don't at 18 either but that's the natural cut off for everything else so I suppose you go with it.

Back