• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
You have spoken to the council, told them your postal ballot hasn’t arrived and they have authorised an emergency in person ballot?

I've already registered.
You'll need to go to the council a get a copy of the postal ballot and take it to a polling station.

You can't turn up and vote as, like what Stan Hullis says, you won't be registered to vote in person but they will accept your completed postal ballot.

Thanks Sniffer, much more eloquently put than me 😭😂

Urgh, Sunak is going to retain his seat.

I know this is stereotyping but went to the doctors and drove past two polling stations. Multiple 60 something year old women with their 80 something year old mothers in tow heading in. I imagined that the conversation was a little like...

"What are we doing dear?
Voting mummy.
Are Hilda and Beryl coming?
No mummy, they died during covid when the tories put a load of infected patients into their residential home.
Oh, and who am I voting for again?
The tories mummy, the tories...

:(

(I have a vivid and twisted imagination)

Urgh, Sunak is going to retain his seat.

I know this is stereotyping but went to the doctors and drove past two polling stations. Multiple 60 something year old women with their 80 something year old mothers in tow heading in. I imagined that the conversation was a little like...

"What are we doing dear?
Voting mummy.
Are Hilda and Beryl coming?
No mummy, they died during covid when the tories put a load of infected patients into their residential home.
Oh, and who am I voting for again?
The tories mummy, the tories...

:(

(I have a vivid and twisted imagination)
It was only young people when I voted this morning.

Only those who don't work will be out and about near polling stations at the moment.... 😉

There will be quite a lot of people missing out due to the issue with postal ballots. Call me cynical but I can’t help but think that the government has deliberately caused this problem.

I don't think it'd be awful if Rishi retains his seat. He's said on multiple occassions that he'd serve the full term as LOTO, and presumably as back bencher if he's sacked. That's much, much less pleasant life than living in California getting paid outrageous money for consultancy work

I don't think it'd be awful if Rishi retains his seat. He's said on multiple occassions that he'd serve the full term as LOTO, and presumably as back bencher if he's sacked. That's much, much less pleasant life than living in California getting paid outrageous money for consultancy work
But on the flip side, losing his seat will be fucking hilarious

I've voted. I'm in a safe Labour seat so voted based on my principles not on who I need to see win. I can't in all conscience vote for a party that supports genocide, wants further privatisation of the NHS, and is beholden to financial backers rather than the people it is supposed to serve. If I had been in a constituency where I had the opportunity to oust a Tory my vote would likely have been different.

Only safe if others don't share your opinion innit.

I live in an area classed as one of the safest Tory seats...hoping to retain the LDem MP that arrived 2 years ago though

I've voted. I'm in a safe Labour seat so voted based on my principles not on who I need to see win. I can't in all conscience vote for a party that supports genocide, wants further privatisation of the NHS, and is beholden to financial backers rather than the people it is supposed to serve. If I had been in a constituency where I had the opportunity to oust a Tory my vote would likely have been different.
Same here for similar reasons. Matt Western will win comfortably here and I do like him but I've voted Green. Hopefully they're 3rd place in Warwick & Leamington instead of Reform.

Only safe if others don't share your opinion innit.

I live in an area classed as one of the safest Tory seats...hoping to retain the LDem MP that arrived 2 years ago though
It's safe. Even with an unusually high Tory vote at the 2019 election Labour still had a 6000 majority. And there is no way the Tory vote will ever be that high again here.

Right, i'm ready on all points.
1, Most important, massive thunderstorm last night that had me out on fire patrol til 4.30am, but......the temp is down from 38c to 28c or less.
2, 11pm kick off here, (9pm uk) so serious food shop this morning.
3. Caught the baker so have 1kilo crusty loaf, blue cheese, fetta cheese, olives (my own), fresh beetroot, spring onions, boiled eggs, and the piece de resistance....4, FOUR, tins of guiness.
All i need to top it off is Sunak to lose his seat.

Last edited:
There will be quite a lot of people missing out due to the issue with postal ballots. Call me cynical but I can’t help but think that the government has deliberately caused this problem.
Postal voters tend to be older, it's probably worse for the Tories than any other party tbh.

Back