• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
Yeah, you’re probably right.

I couldn’t vote in a GE until I was 21. I missed out in 1997 by a year.
It's quite dystopian but I do sometimes think you should have to pass some kind of really basic test to be able to vote. How you'd actually administer that I don't know but it's infuriating at times to think narrow, important votes get swayed by people who haven't got a bloody clue what they're doing.

Maybe make it part of the census or something. Answer these five really obvious questions that you would back anyone who has ever watched more than five minutes of any news channel that isn't GB News to get right. If you get two or more wrong, or don't bother filling it in because you like sticking it to the man, then you can't vote until the next census.

2001 was my first too. And a pointless vote, as I lived in Manchester Gorton. Voted Labour anyway, won with 62% of the vote. Tories didn't even get 10%.

Yeah I agree with that one entirely tbh. Not something too strenuous, just enough to demonstrate that you know a bit about the parties and aren't just blindly sticking a cross in a box because of nonsense propaganda. It's important, you should at least know a little bit to earn your say

Driving back from Leeds via Bradford and one of George Galloways mob almost wiped me out in his car. Knobber.

So ends what I think is the last of my volunteering duties, which turned out to be running a pop up campaign office to direct volunteers to go door knocking and make them cups of tea. If nothing else, I got to eat more biscuits in one day than over a normal year. Over to my amazing wife now who has coordinated a campaign out of thin air with no resources or support from HQ. She’ll be at the count for the likely defeat but I’m so proud of what she’s got done. I’ve got a curry in and a fridge full of beer - can’t wait for 22:00.

My dad was turned away. He has been here since the late 60s and always played by the book and owned businesses etc but the last 2/3 elections he has been told he's not eligible. The other week he had a letter saying it was all sorted so he went along today to be told he wasn't on the list

Place your bets for Tory Armageddon

I am saying:

122 seats

Back