• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
Quick Google shows that Grant Shapps has operated under the following names: Michael Green, and Corinne Stockheath. At least with the Labour people we and the necessary security services people etc would know who they are.
You might also point out to Grant that under his watch we literally had a Prime Minister who wasn't allowed full security clearance as he was a fucking liability.

You might also point out to Grant that under his watch we literally had a Prime Minister who wasn't allowed full security clearance as he was a fucking liability.
Haha. True. He also didn't stay in any post very long just like his mates. In the last two years he has been home secretary (for 6 days), business secretary, and then energy and net zero secretary, before defence secretary. Anyone calling up a PM's night time cover during their bloody 14 years would have had to try to remember who was actually in any particular role during their drug addled merry go round. Can you also imagine the 'security forces' etc calling Therese Coffey as Deputy PM..... remember that photo when she was wearing a scruffy wine stained teeshirt, while drinking wine and smoking a cigar?

What's the story behind this malen chap, looks a tidy player, fuck me now he's scored
Oops wrong threead

I was saying 150 a fortnight ago, I'll stick with it but looks like I overstated their residual support.

Lib Dems as official opposition would be just the most spectacularly amazing thing. The realpolitik for Labour should absolutely include doing what they can to make that happen in Lib/Con marginals, but who knows if that's on their radar
You can't manufacture these things, but Labour giving up say 30 seats to ensure a Liberal opposition would fundamentally change the political landscape and society for the next 5 or 10 years.

I know Labour are going to win but I still refuse to get my hopes up too much about a Tory wipeout. I’m haunted by the amount of times I’ve woken up on a Friday morning after an election cursing the stupidity of the electorate.
This is true but you are kind of worrying about winning from 4-0 up on 85 minutes. Or perhaps winning 9-0 and grumping that you didn't win 10-0.

Statistically speaking if Labour have a majority of 1 seat it's the biggest GE swing of all time and clearly we're miles past that. Enjoy it.

'woken up on Friday morning' is amateur stuff. There's nothing quite like having a coffee table full of wine and crisps, messaging your one other sad as fuck mate at 3am about what the turnout in Bethnal Green might be a predictor for

'woken up on Friday morning' is amateur stuff. There's nothing quite like having a coffee table full of wine and crisps, messaging your one other sad as fuck mate at 3am about what the turnout in Bethnal Green might be a predictor for
Oh, I told Mrs DW to book Friday off (I can do what the fuck I like, I'm my boss).

And I'm buying some champagne tomorrow in readiness, the only question is when to open it. She would like it to be if Rees-Mogg loses his seat, I'm hoping for Truss or even Lil' Rish.

I shall be at my desk on Friday but will be doing zero work...which I accept will be similar to most days but this will have added FUCK YOU TORIES added to it.

There are going to be so many poppable moments 😍

I really want to book Friday off. Badly.

Booked Friday off, then got a 3 line whip for a meeting at 10am... 🙁

Back