• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
Im taking Friday off too - taking it off from leafleting at last! One box of 1,000 left to go so I’m on track to have got all the stock out by 5pm tomorrow. TBH, I’m so knackered now that the coverage of the result is likely to pass me by snoring on the settee, like an amazing Wolves win on MOTD that I was so excited to watch I overdid it on the booze before 10:20pm…

Im taking Friday off too - taking it off from leafleting at last! One box of 1,000 left to go so I’m on track to have got all the stock out by 5pm tomorrow. TBH, I’m so knackered now that the coverage of the result is likely to pass me by snoring on the settee, like an amazing Wolves win on MOTD that I was so excited to watch I overdid it on the booze before 10:20pm…
Well done mate!

I have Friday off. Got a nice bottle of red to enjoy and will see how long I can stay up for. Hopefully I don't nod off on the sofa at 1am as I really don't want to miss some magical moments as they happen!

I have Friday off. Got a nice bottle of red to enjoy and will see how long I can stay up for. Hopefully I don't nod off on the sofa at 1am as I really don't want to miss some magical moments as they happen!
There's definite logic to watching the exit poll and 30-45mins of reaction, then having a disco nap until about 2. You'll miss the weirdos in Sunderland breaking their necks to get a quick result in and a few marginals, but 2-5 is the real sweet spot

There's definite logic to watching the exit poll and 30-45mins of reaction, then having a disco nap until about 2. You'll miss the weirdos in Sunderland breaking their necks to get a quick result in and a few marginals, but 2-5 is the real sweet spot
If the exit poll predicts a Tory wipeout then you will be like an 8 year old after a Sunny Delight and Haribo guzzling session on Christmas Eve....not a chance you are sleeping.
You will then crash at 3am

It would be amazing but I still can't see the Tories getting less than 100
I was saying 150 a fortnight ago, I'll stick with it but looks like I overstated their residual support.
Mike Wood in south staffs (or whatever they’ve called it) still predicted to get 50% of the vote. I don’t get who is still voting for them but they are.

You've done this before, haven't you?

Are you doing your constituency on your own? My eldest has been leafleting on his days off and he was turned away on his last visit to the campaign office as our area was well covered. Labour’s green credentials are out of the window as we’ve been bombarded with leaflets and letters in recent days, even one from Anna Soubry who has turned from the dark side.
Canvassers a plenty too and the cheeky old beggar on my doorstep earlier wanted to know why I wasn’t out campaigning with them when I told him I was a member.

Isn't Dorries on Channel 4's coverage? That should be glorious

Isn't Dorries on Channel 4's coverage? That should be glorious
I think she is hoping for a Tory destruction as much as most on here are.

Obviously so she can say bring back Boris, why did you betray him rather than dance on the grave of the Tory party though

A lot of you lads were probably still too young to be that motivated by politics in April 1997, I hope you all have that sense of elation I had back then.

Are you doing your constituency on your own? My eldest has been leafleting on his days off and he was turned away on his last visit to the campaign office as our area was well covered. Labour’s green credentials are out of the window as we’ve been bombarded with leaflets and letters in recent days, even one from Anna Soubry who has turned from the dark side.
Canvassers a plenty too and the cheeky old beggar on my doorstep earlier wanted to know why I wasn’t out campaigning with them when I told him I was a member.
I typed a long explainer to this but, really, my wife sort of told me I had to do it so I just did.

If you aren't aware of the best way to tactically vote:

I think there’s a good chance a lot of traditional Tory voters either stay at home or vote Reform simply because they are appalled by the last five years of the Boris partying, Truss’s shambolic lettuce-beating reign and an insipid attempt by Sunak to pull something from the ashes he inherited. They know they’re beaten and are hoping a good thrashing will bring about some kind of renaissance. It’s a bit like when you’re team are playing so badly you actually have to laugh at how bad they are and embrace black comedy and cheer when another goal goes into your net. Bring it on.

Dunno what it's like where you all live but in my constituency I've genuinely not seen a single Tory poster. Not one. And I've done a lot of running recently in different areas in the town - nowt.

Plenty of Labour posters, a couple of Reform and the solitary LD one (which is I think the address of the LD candidate!)

I've had plenty of leaflets in the post from the main parties, but that's been about it.

I've never seen so little visible Tory support. It would be amazing if they were ousted.

Dunno what it's like where you all live but in my constituency I've genuinely not seen a single Tory poster. Not one. And I've done a lot of running recently in different areas in the town - nowt.

Plenty of Labour posters, a couple of Reform and the solitary LD one (which is I think the address of the LD candidate!)

I've had plenty of leaflets in the post from the main parties, but that's been about it.

I've never seen so little visible Tory support. It would be amazing if they were ousted.
Same. A traditional Tory seat, only seen Labour posters.

Back