• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
Fucking Tory gutter press headlines are doing my head in, roll on Friday morning when hopefully I can relax.

Didn't realise that Rachel Reeves also hails from the wonderful city of Leeds. Quite the opposite of each other on every level. The bottom line is one of them is proud of her city and the other is ashamed.

Didn't realise that Rachel Reeves also hails from the wonderful city of Leeds. Quite the opposite of each other on every level. The bottom line is one of them is proud of her city and the other is ashamed.
Rachel Reeves hails from Lewisham. She's been the member for leeds west since 2010. Neither Truss nor Jenkyns hail from leeds although Truss has lived in leeds.

Rachel Reeves hails from Lewisham. She's been the member for leeds west since 2010. Neither Truss nor Jenkyns hail from leeds although Truss has lived in leeds.
? Must check. She worked in Leeds but I must have read it too quickly.
After checking and thx for correction: Wikipedia suggest that Truss was in Roundhay aged about 10-12 in 1985-7 while her father worked at Leeds Uni. Rachel Reeves moved to Leeds in 2006 doing mortgages with HBOS when about 27 and has maintained a home there as MP.

Last edited:
New Rishi attack line after Starmer said he would still find time to be a Dad if he wins ,is to call him the part time PM. (PTSKS?)

Yeah Starmer, drop your family you selfish bastard. PRIORITIES.

Doesn't he have a nanny to raise his kids? Pleb...

Everytime I hear them say 'super majority' I think of Ross Kemp in Extras saying that SAS stands for Super Army Soldiers

My wife, who I have known for 45 years announced yesterday that she is going to vote! This will be only the second time she has voted since I've known her! The other time - Brexit.

Just loves a vote for Farage? ;)

My wife applied for her postal vote within a week of the election being called. Heard nothing before we went away, received a letter on Friday saying it has been accepted and to expect the documentation on a date 3 days before the letter arrived. Still nothing. Obviously as it wasn't received before we went away then she wouldn't have been able to vote anyway, but now 10 days later she'd still miss out. Not overly democratic.

I went for a proxy vote and that seems to be all OK, assuming my daughter is allowed to use it on Thursday.

My wife applied for her postal vote within a week of the election being called. Heard nothing before we went away, received a letter on Friday saying it has been accepted and to expect the documentation on a date 3 days before the letter arrived. Still nothing. Obviously as it wasn't received before we went away then she wouldn't have been able to vote anyway, but now 10 days later she'd still miss out. Not overly democratic.

I went for a proxy vote and that seems to be all OK, assuming my daughter is allowed to use it on Thursday.
Can an emergency proxy be applied for. Counts for work or medical emergencies do not receiving a postal vote in time should be one ?

Back